Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner mpg curious

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Wow that is a lot of savings there rick!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:36 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

Mines up to about 15.8mpg, but the car only has less than 200 miles on it. It was as low as 12 for a while.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:45 PM
NickelDime
1st Gear Member

The tank size is my biggest pet peeve on this car...
Old 09-03-2009, 01:03 PM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

So far mine is getting about 14.5 around town...40 mph or less and many, many stop light intersections. The second day i had it we took my daughter to college and it got 23+ with almost straight highway 65 to 70 mph driving for 80 miles round trip. Still only has about 400 miles on it so I'm expecting decent improvements in city mpg in coming months.

As far as the rebates: They vary by region and come and go at various times of the month. The first few days of August there were no rebates, then the second week there was the $1,000, then the last week of the month there was the additional $1,000. Check to www.fordvehicles.com website for the latest info. When I got my Stang on 8/28, in my location there was a $1,000 customer cash and a $1,000 customer bonus cash available if taken from dealer stock and delivered no later than 8/31. The other $750 personal customer cash check I got from Ford was the inner back page of the Taurus booklet I had requested via the internet from Ford....it was a very welcome surprize. As far as the price of the car before the rebates were applied: I have bought Ford cars and trucks from one particular Sales Manager and have referred several other sales to him so he always gives me a excellent deal.

Check Ford's website often and you'll see the rebate availability and amounts change.

Last edited by TrickyRic; 09-03-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Cusp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NickelDime
The tank size is my biggest pet peeve on this car...
Where are the days of 20 gal or even 24 gal tanks so common on the Sedans and Coups in the 60s? Would extend the range a bit wouldn't it.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

I'm happy and proud to say my average in town is 10.5 MPG.

And I think any MPG threads should bring instant life time ban.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:04 PM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

Life time ban, grow up a bit, it was just a casual question, not any form of negative comment. I love Mustangs, have owned three previous and have waited many years while raising a family to get back into another. A very serious health issue this past winter made me realize how short life is and that I have already long enough to start enjoying things like a performance car again. I'm very fortunate to still be here today, cherish every moment and want to live the rest of my life to the fullest extent I am capable.

I did mention that I know we don't buy cars like this for their mileage and that I was just curious as to what other 2010 GT owners are experiencing. MPG is also a gauge of the correctness of the engine mechanicals when compared to other like applications, not just a gauge of our "thriftiness".

Afterall I did buy the car, mpg unseen. It was not THE factor in my decision to purchase, but if the mpg had been like 8 city / 14 highway I would have looked elsewhere to fulfill my desire to get back in a performance car. Hey, I also ride motorcycles. My current ride will run in the 10's in the 1/4 and can still take me comfortably cross country, but it "only" averages about 38 mpg with my heavy throttle hand. That's ok by me because the mpg is acceptable considering the fun factor I get from the bike. So far the new GT is the same...I was just curious about what mpg is in the normal range for a good running 2010 GT, 5 speed manual, 3.31 rear so I have a baseline to compare to.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

I don't care what anyone says these cars get the worst gas mileage, I'm getting like 14-15 MPG with my 20's around town not to mention I use premium gas.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
ttiguy

Originally Posted by TrickyRic
So far mine is getting about 14.5 around town...40 mph or less and many, many stop light intersections. The second day i had it we took my daughter to college and it got 23+ with almost straight highway 65 to 70 mph driving for 80 miles round trip. Still only has about 400 miles on it so I'm expecting decent improvements in city mpg in coming months.

As far as the rebates: They vary by region and come and go at various times of the month. The first few days of August there were no rebates, then the second week there was the $1,000, then the last week of the month there was the additional $1,000. Check to www.fordvehicles.com website for the latest info. When I got my Stang on 8/28, in my location there was a $1,000 customer cash and a $1,000 customer bonus cash available if taken from dealer stock and delivered no later than 8/31. The other $750 personal customer cash check I got from Ford was the inner back page of the Taurus booklet I had requested via the internet from Ford....it was a very welcome surprize. As far as the price of the car before the rebates were applied: I have bought Ford cars and trucks from one particular Sales Manager and have referred several other sales to him so he always gives me a excellent deal.

Check Ford's website often and you'll see the rebate availability and amounts change.
Damn it! I need to move to Joisy! Here in metro detroit we only get $1000 not $2000. I guess they feel they don't have to compete as hard here at home. Hopefully by the time my car arrives (2-4 more weeks) they will bump up the incentives here. I did go to the ford site and request brochures on the Mustang and Taurus so hopefully one of them will have a gift inside. Either way thanks for the info.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

After you folks get 5000-10000 miles on your cars, I think you'll get better gas mileage. I didn't at first. After some time it got better. I've got an 08.

Quick Reply: New Owner mpg curious