Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"All season tires"

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Xzibitstang

Default "All season tires"

So it's time to prepare for the winter to come. It's going to be a cold slippery one this year I can already tell.

The stang I ordered comes with the 19" premium wheels @ P245/25 WR19 All season tires...how do you guys think these will hold up in the snow?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you got the same tires I just got on mine, Pirelli "All Season" tires. But aren't those the same tires that come with the Track Pack which are listed as "Summer" tires?

I am not sure but I would not trust them on a hot car. I plan to get two rear winter tires this fall.

Joe
Old 09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Xzibitstang

Hmmm, I'm not sure, I'm reading the order transcript and all it says is 'All season tires'...nothing about summer rated. Unless this is a mistyped transcript, but I'm cross checking it with another one I have and they both say the same thing so. Not sure =\
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

There's a big difference between the P-summer and P-All season tires. You'd know if you had the summer ones. I think they only come with the track pack.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Xzibitstang

Oh okay good, unless the 3.73 rear axle package is the track pack then I shouldn't have the track pack. So I should be okay with these tires to truck me around during the winter =D
Old 09-03-2009, 01:11 PM
robinsonda1
2nd Gear Member

If they say "all season", they are not summer tires. The summer tires come with the track package, which is NOT the 3.73 package. All season tires are a compromise where as summer/winter tires are not. They are made of different rubber compounds etc. The summer tires will give you awesome grip even on wet roads, until the temp starts to drop and the rubber begins to harden. The all seasons you have will probably be ok but i would recommend picking up a set of winter tires. I had some for my Bimmer when I was in Germany and never had any trouble.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

If the tires are all season, the sidewall should say A/S or some such thing.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:38 PM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

I also have the 19" wheels. The tires that you should have would be the same as mine, 3.73 rear or not... the all season tires. The Summer tires only come with the Track Pack. As already said, different tread patterns and different rubber compounds...and the Summer tires are more costly to replace but do offer better dry, warm road traction but not good for winter.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:58 AM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

I think these are the tires that come with our 19's. So far i'm impressed, and they have a 45,000 tread wear rating.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ero+All+Season
Old 09-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Even your standard, stock A/S tire isn't worth squat in the snow, especially on a Stang. If you truly love your Stang and don't want to have to wash out the stains from the times you crap your pants this winter, get a dedicated set of wheels and winter tires. Otherwise, put the car in the garage and get a beater or prepare to for some serious heart pounding this winter. After over 36 years on northern driving, my Stang is the worst vehicle I EVER drove in the snow, even with the Goodyear A/S's.

Quick Reply: "All season tires"