Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techco Dyno!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:36 AM
trigger06
2nd Gear Member

Awesome power man! I know once it cools off here in Houston you'll be making some big time power! Was that a dynojet or a mustang dyno? Wish I could have been there!
Old 09-07-2009, 02:44 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

congrats!
Old 09-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Acerbus
1st Gear Member

LOL @ all the skid marks in the parking lot.

Looks like many people have left that place with a smile on their faces.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:00 AM
P51A

Default Dyno

Originally Posted by vasman
Just Dynoed the car at Fastlane in Houston. (95 degrees ambient temp and close to 100% humidity).
The dyno sheet did not have A/F on it.. How did that look on the dyno? I would also be interested to see the dyno with smoothing set to 0 as apposed to "5". It looks like you may have more power in the top end with a little more tuning.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by P51A
The dyno sheet did not have A/F on it.. How did that look on the dyno? I would also be interested to see the dyno with smoothing set to 0 as apposed to "5". It looks like you may have more power in the top end with a little more tuning.
I thought it was on the vid. I will try to find it and repost.

Last edited by vasman; 09-07-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Well I saved screen to a pdf and it does not let me upload as the file size is too big 300k instead of 19k... this is frustrating
Old 09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

I heard on Friday that Techco is now officially closed.. they were "moving" for a while..

Sucks if it's true..
*edit* looks like it.. here is more confirmation: http://bumpinmyhead.wordpress.com/20...t-of-business/

Good torque numbers.. my KB put down 440rwhp and 401 rwtq this weekend on 8.5 psi with the canned tune. A local here (MF forum member too) put down 569 rwhp and I think 574 rwtq on his techco with a built stroker motor running about 14 psi. He is slipping though and was waiting on a cogged belt setup, but now that there is no-one to make it, he is planning a turbo build this winter. Keep an eye on the classifieds here, he will probably be selling that Techco there in the next couple months..
Old 09-09-2009, 06:14 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dkersten
I heard on Friday that Techco is now officially closed.. they were "moving" for a while..

Sucks if it's true..
*edit* looks like it.. here is more confirmation: http://bumpinmyhead.wordpress.com/20...t-of-business/

Good torque numbers.. my KB put down 440rwhp and 401 rwtq this weekend on 8.5 psi with the canned tune. A local here (MF forum member too) put down 569 rwhp and I think 574 rwtq on his techco with a built stroker motor running about 14 psi. He is slipping though and was waiting on a cogged belt setup, but now that there is no-one to make it, he is planning a turbo build this winter. Keep an eye on the classifieds here, he will probably be selling that Techco there in the next couple months..
Old News Bud. You should check the thread in this forum about the subject. I sense you a bit all too happy to report. Weird. FYG The rumor is they are merging with sms. Now the numbers the car put down are in 95 degree heat and similar if not higher humidity, so quite possibly there are a few horses that they did not show up. Techco comes with an 8 rib belt, independent of the serpentine belt, very simple setup really. If your bud needs another setup even if they are out of business there will be tens of places they can give him what he needs...
Old 09-09-2009, 11:54 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vasman
Old News Bud. You should check the thread in this forum about the subject. I sense you a bit all too happy to report. Weird. FYG The rumor is they are merging with sms. Now the numbers the car put down are in 95 degree heat and similar if not higher humidity, so quite possibly there are a few horses that they did not show up. Techco comes with an 8 rib belt, independent of the serpentine belt, very simple setup really. If your bud needs another setup even if they are out of business there will be tens of places they can give him what he needs...
Sorry, I just heard on Friday when getting my car dyno'd. I have not been reading the forums here for the last few weeks, and the other forums I try to hit regularly haven't had so much as a mention. As much as I feared they wouldn't last, it still came as a surprise to me. Ironic if they are merging with SMS, since they all left Steve Saleen to start their own company.. I hope they work things out. Only time will tell.

I hope you are right about aftermarket support too - There are probably hundreds of those superchargers in cars by now, for such a hefty investment it would truly suck to have so many people left hanging out in the breeze.

The guy I was mentioning is getting between 12 and 14 psi boost and that is all he has been able to get, and it varies from day to day. Sounds like slipping to me.. up until he lost contact with Techco a couple weeks back, they had been promising him a cogged belt setup they were just about to release to address the problem. His car is the first I have seen running a Techco above 10 psi, so I don't know what to say. I realize it is an 8 rib setup and all.. When I got my KB, I was considering the Techco, just didn't like the mechanical sound, the newness of the company, or the price tag (great deal if you got it on sale with the GT500 pump though).

He hit 11.46 at the track this weekend, pretty damn good for 3600 feet elevation with a DA around 6100 feet. That was on a pretty ugly launch too, so he is definately starting to get the techco dialed in. Time for a roll cage if he keeps that up..

Anyway, I was just commenting on the nice torque numbers when i remembered the stuff about Techco, so sorry if you thought I was being a dick or something.