MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   list your problems with your '05 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/56101-list-your-problems-with-your-05-a.html)

TorchRedBeauty 07-11-2005 03:23 PM

RE: list your problems with your '05

The only problem I have had so far is the fuel tank issue (knock on wood). I haven't gotten it fixed yet since filling slowly with the handle at 12:00 works fine for me.

jfrayzier 07-11-2005 03:54 PM

[ul][*] Fuel tank problem -- replaced under warranty. So far, it seems fine.[*] Problem with popping noise under driver floorboard. Turns out the adhesive had come off of the bottom of the carpet and when I lifted my foot it would pop off the floor. Body shop fixed that under warranty.[*] Driver window seems to rub against the moulding when I open it (while it is dropping down) if opened anything but SUPER SLOWLY. Service shop checked other vehicles on the lot and they do the same thing. Said it must be normal. I am satisfied with that answer.[*] Passenger door rubbed against the striker improperly when the door is closed, causing the door to elevate slightly when closed. Repaired under warranty.
[/ul]

After seeing a few of the issues others have had, I am thankful that none of mine have affected the vehicle's drivability.

My service shop here in Roanoke has done an excellent job of addressing my issues. It just is that they kept the vehicle much longer than I would have liked (four days for two hours worth of work).

don_w 07-11-2005 04:16 PM

I'm one of the lucky ones... none of the above... except a CD skip once a week or so.

Stone 07-11-2005 04:26 PM

I have had the normal problems build was 10/04

FRONT SUSPENSION POPPING NOISE WHILE TURNING RIGHT OR LEFT - usually from a stand still
FUEL FILL SLOW, OR DIFFICULT TO FILL - 75% of the time
DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW NOT INSTALLED CORECTLY FELL OFF TRACK @2AM -3 DEGREES 50 MILES FROM HOME BRRRRRR.
SWIRLS UNDERS THE CLEAR COAT IN MY PAINT 5 DIFF PLACES ON CAR ABOUT HAND SIZED.

Had window fixed right away and the other 3 are being fixed next week when ford gets the parts in.

vfast 07-11-2005 04:35 PM

no shifter problems yet?

hawgman 07-11-2005 08:34 PM

Fuel tank-replaced under warranty with TSB
Front struts popping-repaired under warranty with TSB
Skipper1000-replaced 4 times under warranty with TSB. Fixed by going aftermarket.
Paint job is marginal at best.
Rattle in dust cover for bell housing-fixed under warranty, no TSB
Leaking clutch master cylinder cap-replaced under warranty

DuBaI 07-11-2005 09:19 PM

got many problems over here =p..

- fuel tank.. ( changed with the TSB but still same problem and it also Splash when its click full..)
- cd player Skippz n bad cd somtiems..
- poping in passnger rear seat.. i guess
- viration... ( the car is with the dealer and they will change the shaft ) ..

Bmann29 07-13-2005 01:49 PM

Well I am on my 3rd gas tank and the dealership gives me a BS answer like "What you need to do is put the gas in slower". This is not a solution IMO.

allfyre 07-13-2005 04:37 PM

I was hearing strange noises coming from the passenger side, they would occur whenever I'd go above 80MPH, whenever I'd pul a few G's making a fast turn, whenever I'd do a burnout or have to come to a quick stop.

It was a really peircing, annoying, sort of metallic screeching sound and I couldn't figure out what the problem was for the longest time, but finally I broke down and had the wife removed and since then I haven't had any problems.

wildabouthorses 07-13-2005 05:49 PM

Since day one of getting ours I have noticed the passenger side windshield water sprayer drips and leaves water lines on the hood after its been used. The other side does not. Did show the mechanics but just haven't had time to take it in to be looked at closer yet. Haven't seen anyone else complain about this yet....