Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final Dyno numbers are in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Congrats! Nice numbers, and as always your car looks great.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

damn

how did you fix your fuel issues? and what boost?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:34 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

congrats Barry!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

@FreshPuck, I picked a Centri over a TS for three reasons. 1. Cost, 2. Mounting location, and 3. How it applys the power it makes.

@Caution, The boost starts off at around 7.5psi and hits 10.0psi at 6K

@Tylus, Fixed the fuel issue by rechecking and regrounding all conections with the BAP. With the BAP turned all the way up you should get 17.2 volts at the pump plug.

I forgot got to add that my Fuel/Air was at 10.5 (Ya, I know hard to beleave) it suprised the hell out of everyone there that the car was making so much power with a rich fuel mix. We could of very easy made in the 470's but once we hit 456 we backed off since I'm still on a stock lower end.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:15 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Ok, now that the tuning is done I can give my review of the whole process. I started off by placing an order for the Paxton with Brenspeed. The staff at Brenspeed was very helpful and had great customer service all the way from placing the order to tracking it to my home. They even gave me their personal cell phone number in case my installer have any issues or questions that need to be answered since they would not be in the shop on the day I was having it put in.

The install was pretty much easy but we did run into one issue. The intercooler for whatever reason had the mounting holes in the wrong location so my installer had to modify it to get it to work. After talking to Brenspeed about it we came to the conclusion that they must of since me one for a 2010 model but it all worked out in the end. The kit has a very close fit to it and care must be taken to insure that if you have hoses running close to it that you find ways to get them out of the way by re-routing them or wire tieing them out of the way as much as possible. My installer when the “re-routing” root to take care of any issues that mite pop up down the road from possible rubbing issues and to make it a cleaner looking install knowing that my car is a show car.

Tuning it was very easy for Doug from BamaChips to do. It took very little tuning at all get the numbers I made and it has a great deal more power that it can make on a forged motor. The power comes in very smoothly allowing my car to hook up but then it builds up HP very quickly from that point on. So the power is very “streetable” or useable power. I would highly recommend that you get a DiabloSport MAFia to be able to maximize your AF ratio and get the most HP out of your kit.

The sound the Paxton makes when running is so cool that is just something you have to hear in person to enjoy. Unlike TS S/C’s this makes noise all the time and when you pull up next to someone there is no doubt they will know you’re supercharged. As you can see by the pictures I posted the unit its self is beautiful and looks more like a very large turbo than a supercharger and most people will think that’s what it is when they see it under your hood.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:29 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

nice cutter congrats man looks great and i bet it feels great. wait till the gears are in man