Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a factory freak???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Talking Is this a factory freak???

Hi to all the forum members.Just had this awesome experience and wanted to share it with others that have the same interests. Went for a ride with our son in his grabber orange 08 gt and i guess i wasnt ready for what i got! WOW!!!! His car is totally awesome.It was certainly my defination of a factory freak. He has let me drive his baby a few times but never like this.The first time i drove it he had modded the suspension,which he had to tweak himself to get it right.He made the proper adjustments to the panhard bar and low and behold it was PERFECT. This time,it has a twin screw and its all hooked up. He brings me down this little skinny road and shows me a couple smoke shows.Great,I think to myself,seen this, done this.THEN, He decides to launch it.OMG,i am so impressed,i cant talk.If this wasnt a white nuckle ride i dont know what one is. The seats slippery and the launch nicely slides me to the bottom and plants me there until hes done. Hes grabbin gears all over the place and im loving it.(Even though i thought i might die) a couple of times.The power this car has is unreal.Hes gettin rubber in fourth gear! Is this because of the s/c or is it a freak? To make a long story short, he let me drive it and all i can say is i have to have this.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Its the supercharger...
Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

i have to have this. I couldnt believe the power! he also has 4:10s. The car was pulling in fourth gear like it was in second.im sold,i haVE TO have this s/c.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sounds normal to me for an aspirated Stang with gears and suspension mods. Definately get one so you can outdo him. Us older guys need some fun, too.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Its the supercharger...
yea i know its a supercharger but its supposed to put out 475 to 500 but it sure feels like its puttin out a WHOLE lot more
Old 09-10-2009, 12:47 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

sweet post.....love that FI....
j
Old 09-10-2009, 12:53 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Sounds normal to me for an aspirated Stang with gears and suspension mods. Definately get one so you can outdo him. Us older guys need some fun, too.
Id have to loose the STB and i dont have those gears either,but im definately in it to win it. CANT have those whippersnappers having all the fun
Old 09-10-2009, 12:57 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

OMG ma, cant belive you threw me under the bus with the "whippersnappers." LOL... And to think I'm helping you with your mods. Thanks for the post though, glad you had fun. The look on your face when we were heading up the hill.... She rolled on it in 2nd and went all the way to the shift lights. She didnt floor it up there, but she got on it hard enough ;-)
Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpeedingBullitt
Id have to loose the STB and i dont have those gears either,but im definately in it to win it. CANT have those whippersnappers having all the fun
No you would not need to lose the STB... you can get the Edelbrock (which is great for a DD) and keep it or you can get a centrifugal supercharger which will def let you keep it like a Procharger or Vortech... talk to your son he will help ya I am sure he knows his stuff.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:45 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

yeah,but im not sure it will be the same bang.The thing is you need to be able to take a ride with the diffrent s/c s to find the one you like.ive found i like the twin screw.The centri has the bov and i have no experience with roots.i also like the whipple and kenne bell but im not sure about the stb and there a little more complicated with the belts and pulleys then the ease of that bolt and go. Are you talking about that eforce?

Quick Reply: Is this a factory freak???