Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Update for U7140 Predator

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:05 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default New Update for U7140 Predator

If you have the U7140 Predator, there is a software update for it (r22). According to this thread, it will allow us auto tranny guys to change the WOT shift points based on RPM (not MPH as before). I haven't tried it yet, but I plan on checking it out tomorrow. I'll report back with my findings.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:06 AM
grubeda

Default RE: New Update for U7140 Predator

I updated my Predator to the r22 version tonight and did not see any different settings at all. I have the stick shift, so maybe the shift points options for the auto trans are the only changes with this version. I'm still waiting for DiabloSport to allow us to turn the TCS off permanently. I did have to re-install the Steeda CAI frg file which was lost after upgrading to r22. Don_w: be sure to remember to restore your car back to factory defaults before installing r22 on the Predator.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

I just checked the updates for the CL7140 also and they have a new revision for that too. R17. I'll be putting it in my car today to see if I can tell the difference.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:11 PM
grubeda

I sent DiabloSport a question about what the r22 differences are and if it can turn off the TCS. Here's my question to them and their response:

QUESTION: I see you have released the r22 update for the U7140 Mustang GT Predator. What are the changes between the r21 and r22 versions? Did you fix the ability to turn off the TCS?

------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER:

No, the newer revisions are designed to fix internal issues with the Predator, and tune changes to allow for maximum efficiency and power.

Thank you for your interest in DiabloSport!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:36 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

OK, I just updated to r22, and reflashed. [Note of caution: you'll need to flash the car back to stock before you update the Predator to r22, so make sure you have a copy of any custom tunes on your computer. I'm using the C&L-specific tune, so I made sure I had a copy of the .frg file to load back on the Predator after the r22 update.]

Having the ability to set the auto tranny WOT shift points by RPM is so nice! I set mine at about 5950, which according to my dyno numbers, is where rwhp starts to fall off. I also took some advice from a thread on another forum and added a couple degrees of global timing and also advanced it in the 2K-4K range.

My "seat-of-the-pants-meter" on a test drive tells me it shifts a little firmer and pulls a little better. But, only the track or a dyno will tell for sure. More on this at a later date.

p.s. I'm also wishing they would add a TCS-disabling function, as well. [:@]
Old 07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grubeda

I sent DiabloSport a question about what the r22 differences are and if it can turn off the TCS...
How long did it take them to respond? I used to get info from them within hours, now is seems to take a week.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
GT Dan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: don_w

OK, I just updated to r22, and reflashed. [Note of caution: you'll need to flash the car back to stock before you update the Predator to r22, so make sure you have a copy of any custom tunes on your computer. I'm using the C&L-specific tune, so I made sure I had a copy of the .frg file to load back on the Predator after the r22 update.]

Having the ability to set the auto tranny WOT shift points by RPM is so nice! I set mine at about 5950, which according to my dyno numbers, is where rwhp starts to fall off. I also took some advice from a thread on another forum and added a couple degrees of global timing and also advanced it in the 2K-4K range.

My "seat-of-the-pants-meter" on a test drive tells me it shifts a little firmer and pulls a little better. But, only the track or a dyno will tell for sure. More on this at a later date.

p.s. I'm also wishing they would add a TCS-disabling function, as well. [:@]
Thanks for the info and for testing it out.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:34 PM
grubeda

ORIGINAL: Mister Roper

How long did it take them to respond? I used to get info from them within hours, now is seems to take a week.

They have been very quick to respond to my emails. I have been on hold for 20+ minutes when calling their tech support, but emails are usually returned within one business day.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:36 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

I updated mine with the R17 for the C&L Predator. I couldn't tell much difference as I had my other tune dialed in pretty well but it is better that the canned R16. I especially like having the rev limiter now. I plan on making some of my own adjustments to it in the next couple days after I get the SLP Power Flows on!