Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some fast opinions: Going from CDC CLassic to Agressive

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 08:03 AM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Default Need some fast opinions: Going from CDC CLassic to Agressive

Im going to possibly pick up a Agressive lip in a few hours and I wanted some opinions.

This is my car as it sits today....

and im wanting to switch to an unpainted/textured black CDC agressive front so that my front mount intercooler has more air flow to it. So its more functionality over looks, but how do you think it would look. Im really back and forth on it.

Last edited by CalmLikeaBomb; 09-14-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:13 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I think it'll look good George, but let me warn you that with your car being lowered you are going to need to be very careful with it. A guy in my club has one on his stock height 08 Mustang GT and he has been known to scrape it on occassion.

edit:
here's a picture of his car. the angle is alittle deceiving, but don't be fooled, it's closer than you think

Last edited by 05 Mustang; 09-14-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 AM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
I think it'll look good George, but let me warn you that with your car being lowered you are going to need to be very careful with it. A guy in my club has one on his stock height 08 Mustang GT and he has been known to scrape it on occassion.
Thanks man, yeah I heard that too....luckily if I go with the flat black it shouldnt matter too much which would be nice. Even with the classic Im always worried about scratching the white paint.

Btw, you guys doing anything this Thursday?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:26 AM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

should look good w/ the cowl
Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CalmLikeaBomb
Thanks man, yeah I heard that too....luckily if I go with the flat black it shouldnt matter too much which would be nice. Even with the classic Im always worried about scratching the white paint.

Btw, you guys doing anything this Thursday?
I posted a picture in my earlier post for you. I just don't want to see you tear it off.

Don't think anything is going on this Thursday, but there's a few things this weekend. There's a cruise-in Saturday afternoon here in Canton and a Year One show all day Saturday in Brasselton. Chip Foose will be there. I was talking with Darren (degeze) last night about the Year One show. He's definitely going....I sort of have to play it day to day with my wife being pregnant and due anytime..LOL.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:47 AM
06RFSTANG
2nd Gear Member

I love the aggressive,but as stated above be careful.I have 5 inches of clearance at its lowest point,and my car is not lowered
Old 09-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I'm not a fan of the aggressive, although it doesn't look bad. It just reminds me of a locomotive.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:07 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i think it will look good. just make sure you go at an angle over speed bumps and coming in and out of gas stations that have those sloped *** inclines. thats why i havent purchased one yet either...
Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

Since you're asking for opinions- I do not like the aggressive spoiler- it's too long. The classic, however, lines up very nicely with the stock rocker panels. It is also very functional (aerodynamically). If you're looking for more downforce (since the classic spoiler mostly just diverts air), you may consider a front splitter.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Just picked up the lip. Im either going to spray it matte black or rock guard black.

Quick Reply: Need some fast opinions: Going from CDC CLassic to Agressive