Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ref: American Muscle, lost a customer here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope they are able to resolve it for you to your satisfaction.....trust me, we've all been there, including myself (not with this company, but another)

as far as your hanger bracket situation goes, I'm not going to sit here and beat a dead horse, but you probably shouldn't have used that as an example....bad example.

good luck on everything.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Mpov
1st Gear Member

I've ordered stuff from AM 3 or 4 times and never had a problem. Sorry you did, though.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 AM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

Hey sorry to hear about your problem with AM but like others have said, it maybe a one time thing. I know I have ordered everything from small pieces to my wheels and tires and AM has been right on the money. Wait to hear from AMnick and even give them a call again and talk to someone. Just remember that being cool on the phone is the way to go. I work in retail and have for 27 years and can tell you that using a cool head and acting right will get you a lot further in resolving this issue.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:40 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chris07GT

"Please visually check your exhaust to determine whether or not you need this optional rubber and steel hangar. "
How many times does he have to respond to a asked and answered question. He already admitied some fault in that, but he is also correct that they state "Required." So If I tell you that something is required to do your job then my last sentence 3 paragraphs later says well to be honest, it might not actualy be required, but seance we already told you it is required, were going to put the responsability on you to see if it actualy is.

Also, and maybe for the typical kind of response like you already put, I should have made this my first point to make sure you actualy read it, he also stated that his main issue is with there own return policy, maybe you can go back and quote that again for him, that they ARE NOT FOLLOWING.

I'm sorry if this comes off like I am attacking you but I am getting tired of seeing stuff like this. People who do not actualy read entire posts, just take what they want from the very first, and act like the other 3 pages do not exhist. Your Icon was very cute, but the point of these forums is for members to help members and posts like this are doing nothing but to upset another member who is already upset and on here to look for some help, and if you actualy listen to what he has to say, he has valid points that should be addressed by American Muscle.

Also, just so you know and I do not get taken as being biased. I have ordered many parts from AM myself. As example my rims, straps, and TPMS. They had clear info and told me everything that was required. It may just be that there trying to be over protecting of there customers, and letting you know everything you can need off the start, and in this case they used the word required when it might have been to strong a word for the situation. I still like them and will continue to use them from time to time, but I will hold them to there own policys.

Last edited by JDWalton; 09-24-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:46 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

You have to remember too, customer service folks are people too. I am in the industry, auto collision, and I answer the phones and handle the customers on top of writing all the estimates. My point is, when i am having a bad day, sometimes that can come across, especially if I have just dealt with two other people that were difficult. Not coming to their rescue, but maybe the guy was misinformed or wasn't high enough on the food chain to make a command decision to send you out a new one. I say wait for AMNick to respond and he can set you straight. I have ordered a ton of stuff from them, the latest was a huge order of suspension parts. One was on backorder and they contacted me immediately to see how I wanted to proceed with the order, they put the ball back in my court which I appreciated and I was able to tell them what I wanted to do. By far one of the best companies I have dealt with. They also have their own section down in the sponsor area. If you had posted it down there, it would have caught Nicks attention for sure. The main reason I love dealing with these guys is this: great part selection, free and quick shipping (i get it next day), and a forum discount on top of all that. Hopefully, you get all this straightened out.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Sorry that you had to go through all that. I have purchased many a thing from them with no issues whatsoever.

Latemodel Restoration Supply on the other hand will never get my business again. I ordered a set of 4 blue CS wheel caps for the amazing price of under $20. I opened the package and low and behold, only one center cap! I email them ask where my other 3 caps are, and they told me they are sold 'as each'. I direct them to the website where is clearly shows 'set of 4'. He emails me back saying that no they are sold 'as each' as seen here. It was the same link that I had, except he had the website designer change the wording. Now I'm pissed. I direct him to the main list of center caps where it is still listed as 'set of 4' and I tell him that while he is updating the site he should change it everywhere and not just the one spot. I inform him of my screen shots of the before and after of what he was doing and tell him that I am shocked that this company would do this. I then ask him how LRS plans to make this right. Not but 5 mins later I get a call on my cell phone from him apologizing and saying the LRS will send out the other 3 caps. I am pleased with this response. All would be well, except they only sent me 2...

In conclusion, I would much rather have the inconvience of having to wait a few extra days than deal with a company that sneaks behind the customers back and tells me that I am wrong in order to save $45.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I feel your pain and understand your frustration, but as you mentioned the box was in horrible shape when you got it, didn't you notice that as you were signing for it and ask the driver to inspect as you open it while he/she is there or just refuse due to damage. Its hard to throw blame once you accept and open. No-one wants to accept blame or take a loss, especially in these economic days.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:55 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I feel your pain and understand your frustration, but as you mentioned the box was in horrible shape when you got it, didn't you notice that as you were signing for it and ask the driver to inspect as you open it while he/she is there or just refuse due to damage. Its hard to throw blame once you accept and open. No-one wants to accept blame or take a loss, especially in these economic days.
That's the truth! Any costly parts I have shipped to me I have the UPS, Fedex ect. driver stand right there and inspect the item(s) with me before I'll let them leave.

Also would be nice if AM reworded "Required" to "may be required"

Last edited by CutterWolf; 09-24-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM
rford426
4th Gear Member

i don't like american muscle either just not my style they would'nt let me put 295s on my 20x10 its my wheels and tires what ever though! they dont get my business!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Ok a few things...

1. it is $50 --- not 50$
2. They said check the hangers first.
3. Always open a damaged box in the presense of the driver. If delivered and you are not home contact the delivery office before opening package. Sounds to me like they are unsure of where the damage occured.

I have only ordered 2 things from AM. Stars and Striped Pony and the sequential tail lights. They price matched the tailights. Both items shipped same day and made it to me without a problem a few days later.

Sorry you had bad luck but it sounds more like you are complaining about the wrong people. Delivery people for the damage and you for not checking as they suggested.

Last edited by Jizz; 09-24-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Ref: American Muscle, lost a customer here!