Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using this key/remote?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:39 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scorpio333
I think it's this one
Thats it
Old 09-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

there are 2 different programming procedures in the Owners Manual

1. Key Transponder - already posted

2. Remote Entry (Clicker/Fob/Remote) - Look in your owners manual under remote entry.
it's basically a process of "x" amount of key on/off cycles, then you trigger the lock button on each remote within 10 seconds. very easy. you can do 1 remote, or up to 6 remotes. no need to visit the dealership ever for this procedure.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

btw, I suggest you use a 2007+ Fusion/Milan/Focus key. it will fit perfectly and have all of the function keys match.

won't be a cheapie Hong Kong knock-off...that key in the link above had to be customized didn't it? I saw a thread about it last week.

The OEM Fusion key may be a bit expensive ($50 shipped)...but it's very nice...and no issues.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:06 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
btw, I suggest you use a 2007+ Fusion/Milan/Focus key. it will fit perfectly and have all of the function keys match.

won't be a cheapie Hong Kong knock-off...that key in the link above had to be customized didn't it? I saw a thread about it last week.

The OEM Fusion key may be a bit expensive ($50 shipped)...but it's very nice...and no issues.

Wasn't the concensus on the Fusion key that it woudl not work with a 2005 anyway. I recall that caveat from the thread on it. I didn't order that switchblade key, I liked the other better so we will see how well it fits. I'll find a PDF manual online and check the procedure, my car was used when i got it with no manual. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

I gave up reading that HUGE key thread. Too many people repeatedly ask the same question...again...and...again.

I know for a fact those keys work 100% in the F series and the SUV's. From 2004/2005+ Ford did a major restructuring in their entire vehicle line-up. it's surprising how much stuff interchanges from model to model.

I hate to say this, but your best bet would be to ask 2005 Owners only and nobody else if they are running that Fusion key.

I've got a 05/06, 08/09 Ford Repair Manual on DVD and I cannot see any difference between any of them for the Mustang lock/ignition setups.
Originally Posted by ShaneM
I'll find a PDF manual online and check the procedure, my car was used when i got it with no manual. Thanks for the tip.
http://www.motorcraftservice.com

on the left, click the link "Owners Guides" and then put your car make/model/year info in.

It will give you access to all applicable manuals to any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle
Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

nobody here has used this particular key AFAIK

give it a shot and let us know how it went
Old 09-25-2009, 06:40 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
I gave up reading that HUGE key thread. Too many people repeatedly ask the same question...again...and...again.

I know for a fact those keys work 100% in the F series and the SUV's. From 2004/2005+ Ford did a major restructuring in their entire vehicle line-up. it's surprising how much stuff interchanges from model to model.

I hate to say this, but your best bet would be to ask 2005 Owners only and nobody else if they are running that Fusion key.

I've got a 05/06, 08/09 Ford Repair Manual on DVD and I cannot see any difference between any of them for the Mustang lock/ignition setups.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com

on the left, click the link "Owners Guides" and then put your car make/model/year info in.

It will give you access to all applicable manuals to any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle
Thanks!
Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

So the key came in today. I am impressed with the build quality. it doesn't feel flimsy and is cool looking. Teh body is almost the same color as my satin silver vert which is cool too.

I took the key down to Lowes to get it cut and the girl working th ekey counter said she could not cut it. She freaked out becasue it looked expensive. I told her I had faith and would not get mad if she messed it up. Lol, she cut it and it works perfectly, then she didn't even charge me.

The key fits in the ignition without any issues and is snug. Programming was a 5 minute process follwing the instructions in the owners manual and posted in this tread. in all I am very happy with the key. The only thing I am not liking about it right now is that the buttons are black with black text so all you have to go by to tell what is lock and what is unlock is the indented text font on the rubber. I am sure i will get used to it, but in the dark I figure i will end up setting the alarm off quite a bit. The trunk remote works too, and the remote has a fourth button that I assume would work for somethign else. i wish I coudl program it to work one of those sliding front license plate holders. Anyway, the key is well worth the money if anyone is thinking of buying one.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

i'll bet that the 4th button is for the panic function: should set off the alarm

i bought this guy off ebay

pretty much same story as yours

the guy at home depot kept telling me that he was sure my car keys needed to be laser cut, and wouldnt belive me when i said i could program it

lol
Old 10-04-2009, 06:31 PM
war machine 115
2nd Gear Member

Joolander...any problems with that key you got? Did you have to shorten the key or anything like the OP in the other thread?

Quick Reply: Anyone using this key/remote?