Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using this key/remote?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:09 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Anyone using this key/remote?

I hate when my keys hit my knee when I drive so I am thinking about getting this off eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMEWAX%3ABIN

Anyone used it, just wondering if it works as promised and they aren't clear on how exactly you program the remote keyless part. i have two keys for programming the transponder portion. Anyone using this thing?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:13 AM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

I do not have that but I just bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...Q3d12Q26poQ3dL

It got fairly good reviews from the members here.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:15 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

How did you program the keyless entry part, the transponder portion i believe just requires two keys or something, i ran across a thread on it around here somewhere. i am wondering if the remote has to be programmed at the dealer or if it comes programmed.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vasman

OT- those headlights are cool, where did you get them and what brand are they if you don't mind me asking. I have been thinking about getting some new lights for my car.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:24 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I got the ford fusion key remote. Works real well. I get to appreciate this mod every time I unlock the car.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:27 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Yeah i looked into that, but it seems it won't work for an 05. Plus my car is silver, and the one in the link i posted is silver too and it looks cooler than the fusion one to me. I'll just be happy to get the keys to stop scraping my knee when I drive. I hate that! It's like having a fly crawl on your leg constantly.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:36 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vasman

I tried going to that link and it has been removed. Do you have any pictures?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by ShaneM
How did you program the keyless entry part, the transponder portion i believe just requires two keys or something, i ran across a thread on it around here somewhere. i am wondering if the remote has to be programmed at the dealer or if it comes programmed.
RTFM FTW.

Key Programming — Additional Key With One Programmed Key
NOTE: This procedure is used when a customer needs to have an additional key programmed into the vehicle without erasing stored key codes, but does not have 2 programmed keys available. This procedure is also useful when attempting to determine if an ignition key is defective, as a new key can be installed without erasing keys or without having 2 programmed keys available.
the only way to program another key with just 1 key is by plugging it in to the Worldwide Diagnostic System computer and reprogramming, this way it will not erase the code to your hidden key.

Key Programming — Program a Key Using Two Programmed Keys
if you have to programmed keys available then you can program additional keys without taking it to the dealer.
NOTE: This procedure works only if 2 or more programmed ignition keys are available and additional programmed key(s) are desired.

if you can find your hidden key you can program additional keys yourself and save about $110.00 for programming which is what our service department charges.

Insert a programmed ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the ignition switch in the RUN position for 3 seconds, but not longer than 10 seconds).
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and remove the first key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the OFF position, insert a second programmed ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the ignition switch in the RUN position for 3 seconds, but not longer than 10 seconds).
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and remove the second key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Within 20 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the OFF position, insert the unprogrammed ignition key (new key) into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (attempt to start the vehicle).
If additional programmed key(s) are desired, repeat the key programming procedure.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
RTFM FTW.

Key Programming — Additional Key With One Programmed Key
NOTE: This procedure is used when a customer needs to have an additional key programmed into the vehicle without erasing stored key codes, but does not have 2 programmed keys available. This procedure is also useful when attempting to determine if an ignition key is defective, as a new key can be installed without erasing keys or without having 2 programmed keys available.
the only way to program another key with just 1 key is by plugging it in to the Worldwide Diagnostic System computer and reprogramming, this way it will not erase the code to your hidden key.

Key Programming — Program a Key Using Two Programmed Keys
if you have to programmed keys available then you can program additional keys without taking it to the dealer.
NOTE: This procedure works only if 2 or more programmed ignition keys are available and additional programmed key(s) are desired.

if you can find your hidden key you can program additional keys yourself and save about $110.00 for programming which is what our service department charges.

Insert a programmed ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the ignition switch in the RUN position for 3 seconds, but not longer than 10 seconds).
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and remove the first key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the OFF position, insert a second programmed ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the ignition switch in the RUN position for 3 seconds, but not longer than 10 seconds).
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and remove the second key from the ignition lock cylinder.
Within 20 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the OFF position, insert the unprogrammed ignition key (new key) into the ignition lock cylinder and turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position (attempt to start the vehicle).
If additional programmed key(s) are desired, repeat the key programming procedure.
Yeah i read that, it appears to be talking about the transponder programming. Does that program the remote keyless part too is my question.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:26 AM
scorpio333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I tried going to that link and it has been removed. Do you have any pictures?
I think it's this one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone using this key/remote?