Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start after CAI install

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:04 AM
ski
4th Gear Member

It sure appears that your car's computer was reflashed if the engine doesn't start even with the stock tune installed.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:47 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I'm thinking the same thing ski.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by moose_knuckle
I am not sure how to really do that? Please explain...

The problem shouldn't be my MAf sensor. I cleaned it, disconnected / reinstalled twice, and the wiring harness was good to go. I highly doubt that is the problem. I am going to try a couple things and I will post my results. Thank You for all the help.
Define 'cleaned it'.
The process used was?
I would suspect that first, stratagy code second...
Old 10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Make sure your airbox and all related components are installed properly with no kinks or loose parts. Reload stock tune and disconnect battery for 10-15 minutes and reconnect to reset car.. That might help out . By the way Ryan, love the screen name. This will hopefully make you laugh in a frustrating time. It will all work out in the end brother.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:38 PM
moose_knuckle

Cool

Originally Posted by 157db
Define 'cleaned it'.
The process used was?
I would suspect that first, stratagy code second...
I just unscrewed it from the housing and barely wiped it off. I wouldn't say I really CLEANED it but it wasn't dirty when I reinstalled it. When I put the stock airbox back on I double checked everything. I put a little clamp on the hose to the left of the inlet pipe (I forget what that hose is now, it goes to the right side head I believe), Checked the screws and wiring harness around the MAF, I wiped down the inside on the inlet tube, I really don't believe it's a physical problem of the installation. Unfortunately I have had to do this install like 5-6 times already. I am pretty good at it now .

Now that I think about it, it kinda makes sense. If the tunes I loaded didn't work with the computer, then why would my old stock one work? My problem is how do I get my stock tune fixed? Brenspeed should be able to fix my 3 tunes I sent them already, but what about the stock one? What if I need to bring it back to the dealership again for more work? Any ideas? Can brenspeed fix the stock tune?

MELLOWYELLOW06,
That picture was pretty funny. It's been a long time since I have seen that. I could use a laugh right now... Thank You
Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I just unscrewed it from the housing and barely wiped it off. I wouldn't say I really CLEANED it but it wasn't dirty when I reinstalled it. When I put the stock airbox back on I double checked everything. I put a little clamp on the hose to the left of the inlet pipe (I forget what that hose is now, it goes to the right side head I believe), Checked the screws and wiring harness around the MAF, I wiped down the inside on the inlet tube, I really don't believe it's a physical problem of the installation. Unfortunately I have had to do this install like 5-6 times already. I am pretty good at it now .

Now that I think about it, it kinda makes sense. If the tunes I loaded didn't work with the computer, then why would my old stock one work? My problem is how do I get my stock tune fixed? Brenspeed should be able to fix my 3 tunes I sent them already, but what about the stock one? What if I need to bring it back to the dealership again for more work? Any ideas? Can brenspeed fix the stock tune?

MELLOWYELLOW06,
That picture was pretty funny. It's been a long time since I have seen that. I could use a laugh right now... Thank You
Brenspeed should have your stratagy code on file since they needed it to do your first tune(s). They will need the "new" stratagy code if the dearlership flashed it. Brenspeed will not be able to fix your stock tune, that can only be done at the dealership. Now they may be able to wipe your tuner and reset it so you can plug it in and get your new stock tune "if" the dealership flashed it. The best thing to do is to call Brenspeed and ask all these questions but, you need to find out "IF" your stratagy code has changed first.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:49 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I just unscrewed it from the housing and barely wiped it off.
Thats the problem.
You are not suppost to touch them as they are very fragile.
I call bad MAF on this one boys.
Stratagy changed by the dealer, maybe but far fetched.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:53 PM
moose_knuckle

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Brenspeed should have your stratagy code on file since they needed it to do your first tune(s). They will need the "new" stratagy code if the dearlership flashed it. Brenspeed will not be able to fix your stock tune, that can only be done at the dealership. Now they may be able to wipe your tuner and reset it so you can plug it in and get your new stock tune "if" the dealership flashed it. The best thing to do is to call Brenspeed and ask all these questions but, you need to find out "IF" your stratagy code has changed first.
I have emailed brenspeed twice today (this morning) and haven't heard anything from them yet. They seem to be pretty bad with customer service, not like I used to remember. When I talked to them yesterday they were kind of short on the phone like the guy didnt really want to talk to me. He couldn't even tell me where to find the strategy code. I had to find it myself. Now I seem to be in this situation and I can't seem to get a response from them.

I dont think I can get the stock tune off of my car. If I reflashed it, and tried to load the stock tune back on and it didnt work where would my tuner or brenspeed get the stock tune. Also how can I get the dealership to flash my car again. If i drive their with the CAI on they will wonder why I want the stock tune and I obviously can't go back to stock and drive it there without their tune. I wish they would have just left the computer alone like I had asked them. I will give them a call in a few if i dont get any answers.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
moose_knuckle

Originally Posted by 157db
Thats the problem.
You are not suppost to touch them as they are very fragile.
I call bad MAF on this one boys.
Stratagy changed by the dealer, maybe but far fetched.
Fragile enough that I cant barely touch it to wipe it off. How can I tell if its broken?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:22 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Ryan, where are you located?

What is your strategy code on your car?

I see 2006 but is it auto or stick and 91 or 93 octane?

I may have something for you.

Quick Reply: Car won't start after CAI install