Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 04:03 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Ok, let start out with the easy stuff first, "telling what type of Mustang your looking at" For the 2010 your going to see 4 diffrant frontends. The V6, GT, GT500, and Roush (see pic's below). Since your willing to do mods you mite as well start out with something nice to cut down on the number of mods you will want to do down the road. And since you seem to be ok with paying around 45k+ you mite as well look at the Roush first and see if thats what your looking for. The Roush 427R is very nice and comes with several mods including an engine power upgrade, body kit, stripes, custom wheels and tires and interior upgrades.

V6

GT

GT500

Roush 427R
Old 10-02-2009, 04:13 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

that blue '10 gt500 with the white stripes is my next car! that thing is nice!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:15 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I just built your car online as you described (GT premium,V8 engine, automatic trans, glass roof, heated seats, 19's, HID headlights, etc) and it came to $40,075 with Navigation and Shaker 500 (which still sounds good.) The Shaker 1000 is basically the same thing as the Shaker 500, except it has two subwoofers in the trunk. I have the 1000 in mine, and if I were to order my car again, I'd get the Shaker 500, put in an aftermarket touch screen, and aftermarket speakers & subwoofers in the trunk.

The guys at the dealer are obviously taking advantage of you. Good thing you found the forums. Go in there and give them a swift kick in the ***, tell them you're not ignorant, and you want the GT for $39k out the door.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:30 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Run away from that dealer. GM's going away?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:50 PM
klp10

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
I just built your car online as you described (GT premium,V8 engine, automatic trans, glass roof, heated seats, 19's, HID headlights, etc) and it came to $40,075 with Navigation and Shaker 500 (which still sounds good.) The Shaker 1000 is basically the same thing as the Shaker 500, except it has two subwoofers in the trunk. I have the 1000 in mine, and if I were to order my car again, I'd get the Shaker 500, put in an aftermarket touch screen, and aftermarket speakers & subwoofers in the trunk.

The guys at the dealer are obviously taking advantage of you. Good thing you found the forums. Go in there and give them a swift kick in the ***, tell them you're not ignorant, and you want the GT for $39k out the door.
Yeah I'm not going back to that dealer. I told them 39k out the door, and they said they can only go $43,900 out the door if I come into the dealership again - on a GT Premium too! Do they just not want my business or are hellbent on ripping me off? I looked at KBB, edmunds, auto magazine and even priced the car on the ford website. It's no where near their quote. 38 to 39k out the door is fair for the GT Premium with the options I want.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 PM
klp10

Originally Posted by crescent_wrench
Run away from that dealer. GM's going away?
Well GM's future looks bleak. I doubt the Volt will kick off because it will be in limited production and it cost $40k. I can get a Prius or a Honda Insight for half that price.

I think CutterWolf has sold me on to the Roush. But how do I get a Roush? A 2010 Roush is not sitting on a dealer's lot ready to be sold. Do I have to order one?

Last edited by klp10; 10-02-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Built a 2010 GT Premium with upgraded interior, 3.73 rear end package, 401a group, heated seats, sync audio video system, glass roof, and 19" rims, its just over 39,000. Especialy if there going to have to order it from ford how you want, I would get all the options you want and the exact price from fordvehicles.com then walk into the deal with the sheet and say, I want you to order me this, I'm not paying anything more then what this sheet says. Just dont let them talk you into a lesser stang that they have on the lot. They will try to get you to take the bait on a lesser equiped one that is on the lot, and mark the price up as close to what you show you are willing to pay as they can.

Also, are you set on a 2010? Right now there are great rebates on the 2009. You can get them almost identical equiped with glass roof and all, the bodys look just slightly different. Good luck and let us all know!

Also the Roush ones get expensive really fast. Its like a upgrade package, if you dont have any dealers with them in stock, you need to order it. Take the mustang how you have it equpied then add 10G for a Roush package. If your looking at that much, might as well just go for the GT500
Old 10-02-2009, 09:00 PM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

GM isn't going out of business anytime soon.....they'll bounce back, leaner and better.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:52 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crescent_wrench
GM isn't going out of business anytime soon.....they'll bounce back, leaner and better.
Sorry, but your point is? I believe the OP is really interested in a Mustang not a "Government Motors" brand car.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by klp10
WOW! I'm glad I came to this forum! Thanks everybody. I was looking at GT 500. It was blue with white stripes and had the emblem. But when I told the manager I wanted the GT Premium they were building it on a computer for me and said the price is the same for the GT Premium and the "one with the stripes". In the end they quoted me $47,895 Out the door for a GT Premium with nav and all the options I mentioned.

It's clear to me that they obviously lied, since I'm talking to actual owners.
I'm female, so maybe Nuke is right, they did see me coming a mile away. I think dealers take advantage of female customers more than guy customers.

Should I try another dealer? Jerry's Ford is the closest dealer to me though.

So ok, I should probably stick with $37-38k with 19" wheels, heated seats, high-intense headlamps, backup cam, glass roof, automatic trans, V8 engine, no nav, no shaker audio (and install after market nav and audio later). Is that good?

I am willing to do mods, but not the kinds that void the powertrain warranty. I think if I install the kind of after-market premium audio + nav systems it may void warranty on the electrical systems. But I wonder if Ford is going to void the powertrain as well - Manufacturers would think of any reason not to pay for fixes when something goes wrong.
Hey it's OK, I'm a female too, BUT when it comes to cars I know what I want and I do research on them before I make a purchase. I want to be able to know more than the salesmen and so far in all my purchases, I have been able to do that.
If I were you, I would not opt for the GT500 or the Roush unless you are prepared to pay Luxury tax as well as a hefty insurance premium. They are fine cars but for a daily driver, I would recommend a GT. Cars like the GT500 are mainly garage queens that only sees sunshine and car shows.
I looked up your dealership and see they are located in Annandale and Alexandria. Because you are located so close to D.C. that dealer thinks he can mark up the prices. If you take a road trip down here to the Virginia Beach area, you will find a much better deal at our local Ford dealers.

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang?