Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:33 PM
klp10

Arrow 2010 Mustang?

Hi, I'm looking to get a 2010 Mustang GT Premium. But I have a problem. The GT Premium comes with lame standard audio

I want the Premium audio - The shaker 1000 with 10 speakers. But I also want the in-dash navigation. Problem is I can only have one or the other.

I hate that Ford is making me choose between the two. Honestly I had to explain to the dealer that I am not willing to dish out over $45k for this car if that's the case. Hell, the vehicle is called a GT "PREMIUM" - MSRP is few hundred dollars shy of $50k! So why can't I get premium audio and in-dash nav?

First choice is the Mustang. I like the Chevy Corvette as my second choice but I won't go to a GM vehicle because that company is going down. My third choice is the expensive Lexus ISF - and although it comes with everything including nav and a premium audio system, I don't want to spend that much!

What have you guys done with your car to have both in-dash navigation and a premium audio system without voiding manufacturer warranty? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
klp10
Old 10-02-2009, 01:40 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

The Shaker system is OK, but there are numerous after market brands that blow away Fords audio sound system. I would just get the basic radio and then order a new Kenwood or Pioneer with better speakers to match. You can go to Crutchfield.com and they will guide you for the best system to fit your car.
As far as warranty, by switching out the head unit, will not void your warranty.

What Ford dealer are you going to in Va that is charging that much for a '10 GT? That's crazy! For that price you can buy a GT500!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

MSRP? What are YOU smokin'? At least 5% below DEALER COST or no deal to begin with. Secondly, if "warranty" is making you think twice, then don't buy a Mustang... or ANY performance car for that matter. Especially if warranty regarding an AUDIO system has your panties in knots. What will you do when you go to do some "GO" mods? Sheeeesh...
Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 PM
klp10

Well it's fully loaded and really got up there with the options. Including high-intensity headlamps, glass roof, 19" wheels, heated seats, electronic pkg - the voice--activated nav, and some other options. Auto transmission and V8 engine.

In VA the dealer is Jerry's Ford. Are they charging too much? I guess they figured they can charge me more because I said this would be my first American car. What would be a good price for me to negoiate a GT Premium?

My mistake, I was probably looking at a 500 thinking it was a GT. Which one has the stripes?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

A dealer can install stripes on any car they get in. You can tell a GT500 quite easily from a GT.

I suggest you do a KBB (or similar) printout of the car you're interested in including all of the extras so you can go in armed with their cost and MSRP. They probably saw you coming a mile away. Even at dealer cost, they still make money. Only morons pay sticker or even anything much above invoice.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

50K for a fully loaded mustang GT IS TOO MUCH!

Mine has everything but navigation and glass roof ($4K total) and MSRP was only $32K (back in 08), so if it has all of the extras it should be no more than $37-38K MSRP.

Edit: I think you were looking at GT500 for that price. Does it have a Cobra emblem on the front grill? Or simply pop the hood. You'll easily tell the difference.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:46 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I would do a little more research before you dive in..

Top of class is the GT500.. that's a 500 hp supercharged mustang...if you get that as your "first american car".. you'll likely wrap it around a pole the first time you drive it on damp pavement. It does not come in an auto though..so you were probably looking at a GT

The GT (v8) has 315 hp and should not be anywhere near 45 grand. Low to mid thirties is reasonable.

The base v6 has 210 hp and can be had from $18,000 to $25,000 depending on the dealer and options.

Any of them can have racing stripes and other external accessories. The V6 is the only model that does not have dual exhaust from the factory.

Originally Posted by klp10
Well it's fully loaded and really got up there with the options. Including high-intensity headlamps, glass roof, 19" wheels, heated seats, electronic pkg - the voice--activated nav, and some other options. Auto transmission and V8 engine.

In VA the dealer is Jerry's Ford. Are they charging too much? I guess they figured they can charge me more because I said this would be my first American car. What would be a good price for me to negoiate a GT Premium?

My mistake, I was probably looking at a 500 thinking it was a GT. Which one has the stripes?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Go on Ford's site to see the mustang prices and models. There you can customize what options you want and get a final price.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I'd pay that much for a GT. The GT500 MSRP $46,325 and is much more car. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't may more than the low 30's for a GT. I paid 30 for mine and I still think that's ridiculous.

Also, forget about the factory radio. You can get a touch screen DVD playing nav system aftermarket that blows any factory thing away. That's what I did. I have a Pioneer 6-disc DVD in-dash touch screen unit. It does not have nav since I didn't need it (already have a Garmin) and it has all the outputs I need for extra stuff and has iPod support, and much more!

I also have a single 12" 1300W sub (which is not installed yet) that will bang much harder than what Ford has in the Shaker 1000 system.

Last edited by SirKnightTG; 10-02-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
klp10

WOW! I'm glad I came to this forum! Thanks everybody. I was looking at GT 500. It was blue with white stripes and had the emblem. But when I told the manager I wanted the GT Premium they were building it on a computer for me and said the price is the same for the GT Premium and the "one with the stripes". In the end they quoted me $47,895 Out the door for a GT Premium with nav and all the options I mentioned.

It's clear to me that they obviously lied, since I'm talking to actual owners.
I'm female, so maybe Nuke is right, they did see me coming a mile away. I think dealers take advantage of female customers more than guy customers.

Should I try another dealer? Jerry's Ford is the closest dealer to me though.

So ok, I should probably stick with $37-38k with 19" wheels, heated seats, high-intense headlamps, backup cam, glass roof, automatic trans, V8 engine, no nav, no shaker audio (and install after market nav and audio later). Is that good?

I am willing to do mods, but not the kinds that void the powertrain warranty. I think if I install the kind of after-market premium audio + nav systems it may void warranty on the electrical systems. But I wonder if Ford is going to void the powertrain as well - Manufacturers would think of any reason not to pay for fixes when something goes wrong.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:48 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

Gt500 Don't have glass top it,s not offered for some reason I 've been told??

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang?