Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a way

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 PM
blackout gt
1st Gear Member

Default Is there a way

to track your car at the plant to see how far along it is...I have the vin number...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

No. One trick you can do if your car will have Sync is to sign up at www.syncmyride.com with your VIN. Until the car is built, it will say something like "Invalid VIN".

I did this with mine since my dealer was pretty useless at status updates. I checked it every day, it was really exciting the day it went "valid" LOL.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:04 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
No. One trick you can do if your car will have Sync is to sign up at www.syncmyride.com with your VIN. Until the car is built, it will say something like "Invalid VIN".

I did this with mine since my dealer was pretty useless at status updates. I checked it every day, it was really exciting the day it went "valid" LOL.
Pretty much what I ended up doing as well
Old 10-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Does anyone here know why and/or when Ford discontinued the railroad car tracking system?

When my car was assembled in 2006, the dealer gave me a URL so that I could track the progress of the railroad car carrying my Mustang across country.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
ttiguy

Thanks Weiner Dog. I just checked my vin and it was valid. The window sticker said it was supposed to be built yesterday 10/6 but you never know. So I guess this means it's finally real! Hell, it's been almost 10 weeks since I placed my order and I was beginning to feel like I was gonna have to wait forever. Now, it just needs to make it to the dealer.

Any SE Michigan owners know how long it usually takes from build date to dealer? It's only a few freaking miles, I'd pick it up myself if I could. They last said 10/12