Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got cams!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Default I got cams!

---EDIT---

I WAS SCAMMED BY CAMTHUMPINSTANG! HE SENT ME STOCK CAMS THE POS! HE WOULD NOT RESPOND UNTIL I OPENED AN EBAY CASE AND ONLY THEN WANTED TO GIVE A PARTIAL REFUND. EBAY IS TAKING CARE OF ME THOUGH!

---------------------------------------------

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Oh yes, I just bought some cams. FRPP Hot Rods!

I got them on ebay slightly used for about $200 less than new price.

It might be a little while until I install them though. If I could find someone selling the spring compressor cheap that would be great too. I try to check on ebay every so often (this is how I found these cams).

I got them from camthumpinstang (not sure if he's on this board or not) but here's one of his videos:

--- Here's the bastard's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/camthumpinstang ---

It will be interesting to see how they sound with Kooks + catted H + boomtubes.

Last edited by SirKnightTG; 11-16-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:46 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

dude we could have put hot rods in your left hand and a comp cam in your right, and told you that you have to cut one of your hands off to get the cams in the other hand. and you wouldve done it. congrats on the cams.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Bravo!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Wha wha whhhaatttt??? lol. Good going knight. You deserve em' bro after all the camshaft research you've done.

You're in a non-emissions county so have fun with em. The mail-order tunes should be TEN fold better than when I had mine installed. It's a good time to get them. Your car is going to be LOUD dude. I was planning to swap my exhaust setup before I took them out. The car is SO much louder with those things!!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:35 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

awsome man you know how bad i want cams
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

congratulations are definitely in order.

i want to hear your impressions upon
first start up.

oh and Rubi don't be jealous....you can always
put yours back in and rejoin the crew. no harm,
no foul.

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Oh yes, I just bought some cams. FRPP Hot Rods!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:10 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by abarker8541
dude we could have put hot rods in your left hand and a comp cam in your right, and told you that you have to cut one of your hands off to get the cams in the other hand. and you wouldve done it. congrats on the cams.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Wha wha whhhaatttt??? lol. Good going knight. You deserve em' bro after all the camshaft research you've done.

You're in a non-emissions county so have fun with em. The mail-order tunes should be TEN fold better than when I had mine installed. It's a good time to get them. Your car is going to be LOUD dude. I was planning to swap my exhaust setup before I took them out. The car is SO much louder with those things!!

Cams is something I knew I wanted to do since I got the car in late 2006. I've spent a crazy amount of time researching them and figuring out how they work so I can know what to get. As most on this board know, I've been back and forth with them for a long while. Mostly between Hot Rods and Thumprs. But a few months ago I swapped back to wanting Hot Rods and so there's no turning back now! LOL!

It does help I'm in a non-emissions county and I hope to stay that way if I can. But, it is possible to get an emissions tune for cams so I'm not that worried. The key is having an SCT! hehe.

I was going to do gears before cams but it's looking like it will be the opposite now. I hope my 3.31's will be ok until I do get some 3.73's sometime later.

My car is already pretty freaking loud as it is. Boomtubes do nothing to quiet it down any. I guess I'll see how it turns out. I hope I won't need to do any more exhaust work b/c I'm actually kind of sick of that already.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:26 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
awsome man you know how bad i want cams

Cams would totally sound killer with your full mac setup. Full mac already sounds good with stock cams but I bet it would be insane with some Hot Rods, Thumprs, or SPR 2/3.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Those sound wicked, congrats!!!

Quick Reply: I got cams!