Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Switch Bulb

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

$1.45 at http://www.bulbtown.com/7219_MINIATU...ASE_p/7219.htm

$1.19 at http://www.elightbulbs.com/catalog_p...E&prod=EK42390

$0.65 at http://www.lightbulbemporium.com/bul...51400_7219.asp

Google is just too easy.

Great job pinning that p/n down. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Ah, yes, Google is easy, but Radio Shack is down the street :P

Ya, I was hoping the guy I talked to at my Ford dealership would just go in the back and ****** a bulb from a spare switch he had in the back. I guess that was wishful thinking.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Just got back from Radio Shack. Replaced mine in the parking lot in less than 5 min. Bulb was only like a buck and some change. I have the spare and the original in the car.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:28 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I wonder if that bulb is used any place else in the dash or car? If so, you may want to just buy a case (10) of it from lightbuldemporium for like $7.00 and not have to pay shipping again next time you need one.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Noticed mine is burnt out also. Guess it's off to Radio Shack unless someones found anything better.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Joemustang07

I emailed Ford directly about this issue as well. The first response I got was pretty much "tough luck" with a crappy attitude. I have emailed back a few times and now am awaiting a call back from a supervisor. Let's see where that gets me. The Radio Shack bulb works pretty good, but that isn't the point, Ford should be taking care of its loyal Mustang fans and make this bulb able to be bought.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joemustang07
I emailed Ford directly about this issue as well. The first response I got was pretty much "tough luck" with a crappy attitude. I have emailed back a few times and now am awaiting a call back from a supervisor. Let's see where that gets me. The Radio Shack bulb works pretty good, but that isn't the point, Ford should be taking care of its loyal Mustang fans and make this bulb able to be bought.
Yeah, I'm interested to see where this goes. This bulb seems to be a pain in quite a few people's side. I need to replace mine too
Old 01-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I'll be watching too. I need one.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Joemustang07

This is the latest BS Ford emailed back to me:
["We understand how frustrating this experience has been for you. Ford cares about each and every customer; thus, in an effort to clarify this issue, we have checked our resources regarding this matter. It appears that the part you were trying to purchase is only available as an assembly.

However, please note that as Dealerships operate independently of Ford Motor Company, they determine how the best procedure to service your vehicle. In this instance, the $97for the part replacement, installation costs and taxes that was quoted to you and the manner in which it would apply, may be an appropriate final price quote as they serve as our technical experts on our products. They determine the installation procedures necessary to repair your vehicle according to Ford Motor Company's standard. While Ford is unable to intervene directly in sales issues between the dealership and the customer, Ford does review this information with the dealership. However, if you have further inquiries regarding this matter, we invite you to speak with the Service Manager, as he/she would be in the best position to address your fee.

If you are not satisfied with the deal provided by a particular Dealership, please be advised that you are more than welcome to look for other Ford Dealership where you may have an acceptable term for the service needed. While we understand that this may be an inconvenience on your part, this step is necessary to assure that your issues are addressed in the most appropriate manner.

In the mean time, to ensure that our records are complete, we have documented your feedback. Again, on behalf of Ford Motor Company as a whole, we regret the circumstances which caused you to write.

Sometimes e-mail communication does not allow us to gain additional information that may be helpful in responding to your inquiry. Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673 between the hours of 8am and 5pm, local time, Monday through Friday. Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952."]

I am not giving up. I will be replying to this email and writing to any Mustang magazine I can think of. Paying $97 every time a bulb burns out is crap", my car only has 20k miles on it, how long before it goes out again.

I encourage everyone with this problem to write or call into Ford, they have to address this problem eventually.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Joemustang07

This is the latest BS Ford emailed back to me:
["We understand how frustrating this experience has been for you. Ford cares about each and every customer; thus, in an effort to clarify this issue, we have checked our resources regarding this matter. It appears that the part you were trying to purchase is only available as an assembly.

However, please note that as Dealerships operate independently of Ford Motor Company, they determine how the best procedure to service your vehicle. In this instance, the $97for the part replacement, installation costs and taxes that was quoted to you and the manner in which it would apply, may be an appropriate final price quote as they serve as our technical experts on our products. They determine the installation procedures necessary to repair your vehicle according to Ford Motor Company's standard. While Ford is unable to intervene directly in sales issues between the dealership and the customer, Ford does review this information with the dealership. However, if you have further inquiries regarding this matter, we invite you to speak with the Service Manager, as he/she would be in the best position to address your fee.

If you are not satisfied with the deal provided by a particular Dealership, please be advised that you are more than welcome to look for other Ford Dealership where you may have an acceptable term for the service needed. While we understand that this may be an inconvenience on your part, this step is necessary to assure that your issues are addressed in the most appropriate manner.

In the mean time, to ensure that our records are complete, we have documented your feedback. Again, on behalf of Ford Motor Company as a whole, we regret the circumstances which caused you to write.

Sometimes e-mail communication does not allow us to gain additional information that may be helpful in responding to your inquiry. Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673 between the hours of 8am and 5pm, local time, Monday through Friday. Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952."]

I am not giving up. I will be replying to this email and writing to any Mustang magazine I can think of. Paying $97 every time a bulb burns out is crap", my car only has 20k miles on it, how long before it goes out again.

I encourage everyone with this problem to write or call into Ford, they have to address this problem eventually.
Here is my reply to Ford:

Look I am getting tired of explaining this to you people. The $97 was just to buy the part; installation is extra (I think I can handle changing it in myself).

Like I told the other customer service rep via emails. It makes no sense to make a part (the Bulb) changeable and not sell the part. I have 20k miles on my car; that isn't very much. I am not paying $97 every time the bulb goes out, that is completely idiotic.

I give, up it is obvious to me that Ford cares nothing for its customers. You can email saying "we care" all you want; actions speak louder than words.

FOR THE LAST TIME; $97 TO REPLACE A BULB THAT COSTS LESS THAN $5.... HOW IS THAT FORD CARING ABOUT IT'S COSTOMERS? IT'S NOT, IT'S FORD CARING ABOUT THEIR BOTTOM LINE.

I invite you to read this thread of many other Ford costumers "that Ford cares about".
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...itch-bulb.html

The last customer service rep I was dealing with via email said someone higher in the Ford food chain was going to call me..... that was over a week ago and no call.....that must be more of Ford caring.

Please stop emailing me this crap about how Ford cares and then tell me that it is a good decision to charge $97 to replace a bulb every time it burns out (just a hint...bulbs burn out, they don't last forever).

My next step in addition to posting this issue on every online blog I can find, I will also be writing into every Mustang/Ford magazine I can find I.E. 50 and Mustang Monthly; just for a start.

Like I wasted my time telling the other rep. I have owned a 65, 70, 89, 94, and now an 07 Mustang. I love these cars and have had a blast with each and every one. Our country's financial state is grim. When you think of America and the great companies that built this country, you think of FORD. It is a shame that when the people of this country need a break the most, Ford is trying to take advantage of its customers. Shame on you. Maybe you should look up the definition of "care" before you start claiming to do it.

Quick Reply: Headlight Switch Bulb