Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

Well its sad to say but the local dealer still has two GTs that were in their original 2010 shipments. A kona blue and a candy apple stick cars. But on the bright side, the parents bought a '10 V6 premium.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:02 AM
Matafy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
It's not selling well because of the rear end! It would take 400+ horsepower for me to stomach those tail lights! lol jk

If the announcement in December includes the new engine, Ford will have to release the 2011 car earlier in the year (April-May) and 2010's will probably have to be discounted to get them sold.

JMO
I agree with this. Those tail lights disgust me. The only thing that I like about them is that they are sequential stock. But that is a cheap mod that you can put on any model so really its just out of the question to get those ugly exterior '10 models.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:57 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

For every person that hates the rear, there's at least another that loves it. That's not holding back sales. The Camaro is enjoying a surge in sales because the Camaro faithful have been waiting.

The majority of Mustang sales are V6's so I don't think the powertrains are going to magically double the sales. Bad time for a whole lot of people to consider buying a car, especially one like a Mustang.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Matafy
I agree with this. Those tail lights disgust me. The only thing that I like about them is that they are sequential stock. But that is a cheap mod that you can put on any model so really its just out of the question to get those ugly exterior '10 models.
Remember the section you are in is for the 2010. If you don't like the 2010 then why troll here to complain when you could post all the positive comments you want in the '05 - '09 section?

That goes for all that come here in this section just to complain....
Old 10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Rampant

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
The majority of Mustang sales are V6's so I don't think the powertrains are going to magically double the sales.
Well, the 05-09 sales were about 45% V8's last figures I heard. The trend definitely changed with the S197s. Also, the V6 will get a big power boost as well. Anyone looking at a Mustang will appreciate the power boost, and it will take back some of those that went to the bow tie strictly for the power.