Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else like a stock looking car

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

not as nice as mellow's but agree with him %100 on how boring they are stock!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Mod away.....
Old 10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

i think we all like the stock look, at one time anyways, i don't think anyone one of us would have bought the car going "god i have to change everything," but all the way with mods, hell something as simple as the spoiler and hood can make a world of difference
Old 10-29-2009, 09:46 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

I think every car is boring from the factory and needs some of my personal touch to it for it to be mine all of my cars have been far from stock and im only 19...
Old 10-29-2009, 09:56 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I like a "stock-ish" look. I prefer subtle style so the untrained eye looks at my car and knows it looks better than the ones at the dealership, but doesn't know why ;-)

Old 10-29-2009, 10:09 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

lol I couldn't have said it better (without saying anything at all) myself, Mellow. There's definitely some mods that just shouldn't be done or just don't look well together, but all in all a unique looks is usually a good thing.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:20 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I loved my car stock, but once I changed one thing well I simply had to change more. They didn't work well together!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Stock is very good no doubt. But once you find out all of the various things you can add to it for a personal touch you start to realize stock is a little boring and not as interesting (THANKS A LOT FORUMS!!). It's no different than motorcycles. People always customize them to suit their desires. Even though I have done very little to mine for some reason.

For me, my thing is to make it look even MORE like the old stangs of the 60's. Like for example, my chrome tail light trim, MUSTANG lettering on the trunk, various chrome/polished trim around reflectors/fog lights/etc. My roush scoop looks like the scoops used on the 69 cars (like the mach 1) with the old school looking engine size emblem on the side of it. I still plan on a few more old school looking things as well. I like the Cervini pedestal rear spoiler which many muscle cars used in the late 60's/early 70's. I've been thinking a lot about that. Also rear window louvers.

I keep forgetting but I need to fix and re-install my cervini side scoops. Early summer one flew off and got all scratched up. I think I can fix it and I have some 3M tape and adhesion promoter. Side scoops are another thing that's old school, which is why I got them. I also think about either louvers or a scoop for the small side windows (the ones above the rear tires). The SHR louvers are awesome but I don't like the idea of taking out the window.

I also keep forgetting to install my Scott Drake Shelby style hood pins. I've had them for about a year now, lol.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

A sleeper is not a stock mustang. A sleeper is a car that from the outside it appears to be slow. A stock Mustang GT is and never will be a sleeper. It's akin to saying a stock looking Vette is a sleeper... Makes no sense..

As for me, I left my car alone, I learned a long time ago that all the mods you clowns are doing you will regret later on for the most part. All those dropped cars, body kits etc ruin your wallet and car in the long run. Most people mod the hell out of their 1st Stang, then by Stang 2, they learn to just enjoy it the way it is. Of course there are exceptions but it's true. Do you have any idea the abuse a lowered stang takes, in a few years none of those stangs will track correctly on the highway and they'll be little to do to fix it. bash away, but it's true.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

^ have fun with your 4x4 fenders then haha

Quick Reply: anyone else like a stock looking car