Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You may change your opinion of Livernois...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:29 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by hammeron
almost being the appropriate word lol

sadly though, by default the older we get, the
bigger the pervert we become.
I know, it's kinda like the 6th sense movie...
"I see naked people"
Old 11-07-2009, 03:32 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

the scale breaks, when i try to measure
my factor

Originally Posted by wilkinda
At 43 I have the perversion factor of a 60 yr old.....
Old 11-07-2009, 03:34 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this can be a blessing, as well as a curse

Originally Posted by pascal
"I see naked people"
Old 11-07-2009, 03:43 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'm French, so it's a blessing!
So there, and that calls for a beer
Be right back...
Old 11-07-2009, 03:47 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

it's five o'clock somewhere, so
you are good to go.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:14 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I read all about Mark's issues on s197forum last night. I stayed up past midnight reading it all. He has two recent threads all about his issues, his fight with this guy at ST, etc.. Very entertaining for sure. And of course, at the same time, a real shame for Mark b/c he's spent so much money on his projects and put his trust in people who didn't deliver. I don't mean Livernois BTW. I still think they're great and if/when I need a motor, I'll be going to them for sure.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Well I will never use Livernois because of what happened to a friend of mine. He is kind of a car moron who just dumps money to companies and wonders why things dont work out like they should. His brother is an engine builder in Youngstown Ohio and installed his vortec S/C, Cams, pretty much everything with the engine except the dyno tune since his shop doesnt have a dyno. Well he talked to Livernois to get it tuned and also get some odds and ends done to his car while up in Michigan. He dropped 5k on a dyno tune and installing a AF Gauge, RPM Gauge, and Boost gauge. My friend has no clue what hes spending money on, also its not a Mustang its a Dodge Magnum with the 5.7L Hemi. Sounds pretty ridiculous amount of money for what they did but he needed a tune or hed just have a paperweight. Well he picked it up sounded fine and never took it for a test drive. He towed it back to Missouri where he is stationed and we gave it a test drive. This was back in July 2008. First all his gauges were loose and his AF Gauge kept going ballistic and everything that was installed was crap. Things were loose not working correct. Then we go take it for a spin as soon as he redlines in 1st to 2nd its an auto, it cuts off completely. He calls Livernois and they said they will try and figure out whats wrong since my friend just gave them 5k for maybe 3 hours of work. He never got a call back, he kept leaving messages after messages and nothing. Then he got ahold of them finally they said to drive it back up there and they will look at it. As of last week he still hadn't driven it up there. While messing around with his Diablosport tuner since it was stalling when trying to get into gear I told him to mess with some options on the tuner. I changed his shift points and rev limiter and wahla it wouldnt cut out. I could not believe it was that simple and he couldnt either. I think being the tuner they could have steered him in the right direction from the get go and put some thinking into it. It still doesnt run completely right he is putting down about 480 RWHP and still only running a 13.4 in the 1/4. I will never use Livernois since they only care about the cash in their hands and not the quality of the Job...
Old 11-07-2009, 04:48 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Color me VERY skeptical of Livernois charging 5K for a tune and gauge install...
Old 11-07-2009, 05:12 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Color me VERY skeptical of Livernois charging 5K for a tune and gauge install...
yeah sorry i cant buy that either.

5k for a job that might cost like 1500 at most. They did more work that accounts for the 5K or your friend is the dumbest box of rocks i have ever seen if my life and deserves all troubles he is having....

Last edited by howarmat; 11-07-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

I agree.... I didnt believe him either until I saw the detailed bill... 4k for dyno tune and diablosport tuner.... its on there I was like dude what were you thinking... now hes trying to pay off his credit card bill... and still doesnt run right...

Quick Reply: You may change your opinion of Livernois...