Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping SGT to germany!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

Default Shipping SGT to germany!

came down on uncle sam orders for germany yesterday, so it looks like im shipping it to germany here in feb. anyone done this? glad i got the orders now, as i was ready to install the O/R H tomorrow. before i touch a wrench to that car again, anyone have any experience in this? such as what is and what isnt authorized. a lot of rumors on google, but no "facts" thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 09:22 PM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

I have sent a few cars over sadly nothing modified, only thing I know is they ask fluids drained and undercarriage sprayed down. good luck.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:31 PM
sbrimer
1st Gear Member

Spent 3 years there in Frankfurt as a Military Policeman. 1st thing. You will have an inspection EVERY year, including exhaust. You will have an inspection as soon as the vehicle arrives. The emissions and decibels will also be checked. If you don't pass, your tags are pulled. They will identify problems and you will have a few days to repair the issues if any. The inspection is pretty detailed and I could never find a way around it. Good luck.

Scott
Old 11-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

I know they may make you take your tint off... if you have any. I've only shipped mine back from there I bought it over there. I was stationed in Kaiserslautern. I know once it gets there they will do a vehicle inspection and actually put a decibel meter to your exhaust so I hope its not too loud. Besides that just a pretty good inspection by the germans before you can get plates on it. I think you can throw the OR/H on it once the inspection is done but you gotta get it every year. I just came down on orders today so pretty funny I tried going back to Germany but I had to go somewhere deploying and I got Fort Bliss in El paso TX... My girlfriends in Fort Huachucah, AZ right now so I'll be close to her I guess... Have fun on the Autobahn and give the Nurburgring a shot as well it was a blast... good luck
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

wow, small world. i am a military police at fort huachuca. got orders for coleman barracks. i hope to dodge them somehow, but who knows. yeah i got 5% tint. looks like thats comming off huh. i wonder if the blackout lights and clear corners and gonna be a problem too. im starting to hate this already. maybe it would be better to ship the stock lightning insted.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

I dont think the lights or anything will be a problem. I had my sequentials over there. Also the tint thing might not apply for the back windows... best words of advice is if they make you take the sides off, just get them re tinted right afterwards. Most of my friends did that, but to each their own. My girl has a lifted black wrangler X with nerf bars I bought. Shes a medic pretty damn hot as well I might add...lol.. She told me there is only 200 military on the base. She rides a black CBR 600rr with Tribal grafics as well... you might have seen her who knows... anymore questions just shoot em back at me...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Oh also Coleman Barracks is in Manheim... pretty sweet place in between Frankfurt and Kaiserslautern one of the better places to get stationed...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

well my dreams of the o/r h with boomtubes i guess is out the window for a couple of years. there is a lot of trainees here, but not many active duty at all. my unit is just a small detachment. good info on here too, thanks guys
Old 11-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

No problem brother... also ship your car atleast 45-60 days out or you will be stranded waiting for the boat to come in. Since you have 2 cars shouldn't be a problem. I waited 30 days when I got back to the states for it to arrive... Rental car for a month equaled 1000 bucks.. non refundable by the Army since I guess its easy to walk around here when I live 12 miles from where I work
Old 11-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Sp3kter
1st Gear Member

I lived in Germany for seven years and been trough several inspections. let me tell you that they take it very serious. I would be very carefull about your o/r h pipe becayse if a officer suspects you of having a illegal mod they will pull you over and towe your car to be inspected and it is a 10k euro fine.

Quick Reply: Shipping SGT to germany!