Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice New Dent in my 2010 GT, any ideas..=\

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 12:11 AM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Default Nice New Dent in my 2010 GT, any ideas..=\

[IMG][/IMG]

Hey guys, came up to get in my car the other day and found this beautiful dent on the front driver side. No note was left-no surprise there...But I don't have the slightest idea what hit it, any1 have any ideas. I was parked next to a curb so no car could have hit it like that. Maybe a bike?

Any ideas?
Old 11-14-2009, 02:39 AM
xspsi
1st Gear Member

Man, that really sucks! Not sure what may have hit it, however I don't think it was a motorcycle. Where you parked next to a warehouse or similar. Looks almost like one of those yellow warehouse forklifts backed right into it.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

or one of those yellow poles at the gas station so you dont hit the pump.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:34 AM
FreshPuck
1st Gear Member

yea thats an awkward angle to hit, especially if that side of the car was on the curb side
Old 11-14-2009, 11:50 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Could it be from a yellow shopping cart? I know here in Southeastern Va. we have been experiencing some high wind gust thanks to the Nor'easter that has been around since Tuesday.
I went to open the door on my 2006 E-350 work truck and the wind whipped it open so hard it bent the front fender. Then I couldn't get it to open back up. I had to walk around and crawl through from the passenger's side.
It's in the shop now getting repaired.
So I feel your pain.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:37 PM
scotty69

Angry

This is why any of my toys are all garage queens and i don't leave them out of my eye sight... even if you park 2miles away from the mall you still come out to find a sh** box parked next to you... I feel your pain .. did your rim get hit to i can't see in your pics??
Old 11-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Scotty Love that pic!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:16 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scotty69
... even if you park 2miles away from the mall you still come out to find a sh** box parked next to you...

You are preaching to the choir, brother! It is beyond belief why that happens.

To wise_jonny: Can't tell you what caused it -- the first thing that came to my mind was some uncoordinated a$$wipe on a bicycle. Then I saw the paint scrape colors, and those aren't common bicycle colors, though I wouldn't rule it out.

All I can say that, even though it hurts (psychologically and monetarily), thankfully it's a no brainer job for a body shop.

Damn, that would have me raging for all hell. My sympathies.

Last edited by 7up; 11-14-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

There's no way a bicycle caused that.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:06 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VRFlip
There's no way a bicycle caused that.

Beg to differ

Short story is that I was at a stoplight, it turned green and I was pulling into the intersection. A d*bag from the left entered the intersection trying to cross while it was red. Never saw him coming.

He slammed his bike into my front, driver-side fender. He then flipped end-over-end onto my windshield, then hood, then slammed his *** onto the ground in front of my car.

He promptly got up, pulled his pants up tight like nothing happened (he was with a bunch of other teenage dirt-bike dudes, so he didn't want to look like he just made a complete jackass of himself), grabbed his bike and carried it off to the sidewalk -- his front tire bent at a perpendicular right angle in half.

My car? The whole front driver side quarter needed to be replaced as it was completely belted in. Hell, my windshield even needed to be replaced because he took a bounce off it and cracked it.

Total cost to repair exceeded $2500 from a dirt bike collision.

Not saying that's what happened here, but it is not out of the realm of possibility that a bicycle can easily do what little damage I see in this picture compared to what happened to mine, years ago.

Words for thought, if anything.

Last edited by 7up; 11-14-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Nice New Dent in my 2010 GT, any ideas..=\