Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UMI brand LCA's - Tell me about them please?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:55 AM
pitch
2nd Gear Member

Default UMI brand LCA's - Tell me about them please?

I am interested in the UMI non adjustable LCA's. I've seen some good comments but would like more answers if possible. Car is not lowered and have no plans to lower it.

For those that have or have tried them:
1. Are they a definite improvement over stock? Wheel hop, rear end firmer?
2. How about the noise level, increased or about the same.
3. How often do you grease them?
4. Any problems I should know about?

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

I have the UMI LCAs with relocation brackets. My car is lowered, hence the reason I got the relo brackets. I have had them for quite a while now and have NO complaints. I got them because I was having horrible wheel hop at the track. Since they have been on, wheel hop is NO more. I drive my car quite a bit and it handles just the same with them on as it did when it was stock, only a bit noisier..............which is typical. The car definitely gets up and goes with the sturdier suspension.

I don't think you will regret this purchase. They are on sale I believe as well.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I have the UMI LCAs w/ relo brackets. I'm not lowered. I have the LCAs set to the lowest/most extreme setting.

I think I need to add more grease since I'm getting a lot of squeaking. I must have not put enough.

I had issues with my drivers side relo bracket. The holes were not drilled in the proper location (they were only slightly off) so I had to drill out one of the holes a little bigger. I still fought it like hell. But I'm sure this is just an isolated case.

But these LCAs are just as good of quality as anyone else, they're tubular and cheaper than everyone else. I'd recommend tubular from any brand over billet. Billet is just too expensive and you do not gain anything, other than an emptier wallet. Plus you can't really see them easily anyway. I personally think tubular looks better anyway.