Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default suspension question

Hey fellas, i got a question. In the Summer time i wanna lower the car..So in the winter time im gonna buy the stuff i need ,so thats the question what do i need..Im getting the eibach pro kit springs and using the stock shocks and struts and i think i gotta get relocation bolts or somthin like that? what else do i need? also i wanna reduce the wheel hop cause somtimes it gets crazy..So with out spendin a ton a money on doin this whats the correct way on doin this...thanks guys..
Old 11-17-2009, 09:35 AM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

For ride quality I like the Steeda springs. If you already have plans for the Eibach's than go for it. I'm not saying that you won't have good ride quality or that they are bad springs but I'm just saying I haven't been disappointed with Steeda's PARTS yet. If you want to tackle the wheel hop issue than I suggest LCA. What I would do if I was you would be, springs, lower control arms (LCA), and upper control arms (UCA), and call it a day. However, if you do plan on doing shocks and struts then do them at the same time as the springs since they are in the same place and you'll only get 1 labor charge. They're not needed though. Especially if the car is just a DD with occasional track.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:56 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yc420
For ride quality I like the Steeda springs. If you already have plans for the Eibach's than go for it. I'm not saying that you won't have good ride quality or that they are bad springs but I'm just saying I haven't been disappointed with Steeda's PARTS yet. If you want to tackle the wheel hop issue than I suggest LCA. What I would do if I was you would be, springs, lower control arms (LCA), and upper control arms (UCA), and call it a day. However, if you do plan on doing shocks and struts then do them at the same time as the springs since they are in the same place and you'll only get 1 labor charge. They're not needed though. Especially if the car is just a DD with occasional track.
okay so witch ever springs i choose then LCA/UCA, what does the upper do? also do i need better bushing or when i buy the LCA/UCA they come ith good ones? i anna make sur ei have Everything....This is my daily driver and it sees snow yey! Nah but no track here just cruisein...So what about these relocation brackets? and relocation bolts do i need these? also the stock shocks/struts im gonna use cause im prolly not gonna have the funds for all that, when the shocks go ill replace them then, i would do it at once,unless i find a good deal..