Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on car

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:23 PM
dstang10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
No disrespect found, don't worry about it!

What's you insurance look like on the 2010?

I'm 22 and I have a 2010 GT...I pay $100 for full coverage every month. Clean driving record. I can't wait till I turn 25 and my rates go down.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

The biggest thing is to find out if its been driven hard. Id rather pay a "little" more knowing an older person had it, vs, well you know the type, most of us, lol.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:37 AM
boomer123
3rd Gear Member

Definitely do not drop 16g on that car....thats what i bought my 05 GT for 2 years ago with the exact same mileage and very similar condition. I would look for a better deal if i were you
Old 11-27-2009, 11:40 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Even $16K for an '05 is a bit high. Play your cards right and you should be able to get it for no more than $15k; $14k-$14.5k if you're skilled.
I contacted the dealership and asked if they would accept 16k. They said yes with no hesitation. I may try to work it down alittler further, atleast maybe work their 150$ documentation fee into that 16k, but I think I would be decently happy with 16k, whether it's a great deal or not. But yes, going to try a bit more..

Originally Posted by Justin05GT
Autotrader there are a ton of 05s with low miles for 13k or 14k. Check it out
My list of available s197's is pretty short, as I only want to buy a new Mustang that really appeals to me. I want an s197, not a new edge, but s197 are expensive for me me, so I'm pretty much limited to 05 and 06. It MUST be a GT, coupe, manual transmission. Can't have black or white exterior and want to be black interior. Perferably less than 50k miles, within 300 miles, stock, well kept, etc etc.. so I only get a dozen cars when I search.. Thanks for the advice though, I've been looking

Originally Posted by dstang10
I'm 22 and I have a 2010 GT...I pay $100 for full coverage every month. Clean driving record. I can't wait till I turn 25 and my rates go down.
I don't live under mommy and daddy...My insurance is over double yours will probably higher deductibles

Originally Posted by boomer123
Definitely do not drop 16g on that car....thats what i bought my 05 GT for 2 years ago with the exact same mileage and very similar condition. I would look for a better deal if i were you
Old 11-27-2009, 11:49 AM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

I can't stand lipstick red interior, it just doesn't look right, also the car has the worst wheel combo they offered, I bought an '07 recently for 16,500, for that car and this time of the year I would not go more than about 14,500
Old 11-27-2009, 12:03 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Lol, man, you guess are tough! Also, keep in mind right now I don't even own a vehicle. I totaled my 98 v6 auto (junk) hitting a deer and I've been driving my father's truck for over a month now.

I'm to the point where I feel like I want to buy a new Mustang whether the its a bargain or not, because I'm tired of not having anything nice. I'm finally to the point where income isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, getting some bills knocked out of the way, and about to start my final semester in med school (no financial aid, I pay upfront in cash). I've only driven that 98 Mustang, and a 95 Metro for the last 7 years, and it frusterated the hell out of me when I'm driving junk and I see 16 year olds driving beamers. I just want something nice that I can put myself/my time into. Every car is a bad investment, oh well....Hope that might help alittle..

So, since it's a dealership, they will handle the temporary tags, correct?, so I can drive it back to my town? Then, I have like 30 days to get it tagged, inspected, registered, and insured, correct?
Old 11-27-2009, 12:47 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Looks clean and well maintained, as a 5 year old car should look. Looks very stock so you can somewhat rule out hot ******* from previous owner. Have a dealer run the vin for service history and verify an acciddent history. In this economy and car sales in the slump, you should have no problem working it down. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:58 PM
mv22

Just to share my recent experience....I bought this 05 Gt auto, with 4500 miles this past August. I paid $19500 Canadian, or at the time, about $17500 US. Maybe that price was a little high, maybe it was right on....who decides? I did. I decided that price was acceptable. I could afford it so I bought the 05 GT. Its good to listen to other's advice and comments but in the end you decide and live with it. Good luck young fella!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:00 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

That deal looks pretty good to me for 3 reasons.
A. Its a premium, so its worth a little more then most of the cheaper GTs you see.
B. Its got 26k miles on it. That is very good for a 05
C. It is CLEAN, thats a dam good condition 05

you could get a cheaper one, but that one is by no means a bad deal. The only wear it even looks like it has is near the power adjustments for the seat, every thing else looks real nice.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:54 PM
dstang10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
I contacted the dealership and asked if they would accept 16k. They said yes with no hesitation. I may try to work it down alittler further, atleast maybe work their 150$ documentation fee into that 16k, but I think I would be decently happy with 16k, whether it's a great deal or not. But yes, going to try a bit more..

My list of available s197's is pretty short, as I only want to buy a new Mustang that really appeals to me. I want an s197, not a new edge, but s197 are expensive for me me, so I'm pretty much limited to 05 and 06. It MUST be a GT, coupe, manual transmission. Can't have black or white exterior and want to be black interior. Perferably less than 50k miles, within 300 miles, stock, well kept, etc etc.. so I only get a dozen cars when I search.. Thanks for the advice though, I've been looking

I don't live under mommy and daddy...My insurance is over double yours will probably higher deductibles

I don't live under my mommy and since my dad is dead that would be kinda dark in his grave.....but anyways find you a insurance broker thats how i got good rates. Don't just assume that since i'm 22 i'm a spoiled kid with rich parents...I work for everything I have.

Quick Reply: Opinions on car