Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hurst shifter bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 04:30 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Default hurst shifter bushings?

its been a while since i installed my hurst, i got under the car the other day to make sure things were tight,its been getting more and more notchy. didnt know it but my hurst seems to have rubber black bushings,not poly. im wondering if thats why it is so notchy and hard to shift into second gear some times.

any know the difference and if the poly bushings woud help? are the stock bushings and hurst bushings the same size,so if i were to buy a bushing kit could i put them in the hurst?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STEED...Q5fAccessories

looking to put these in the hurst maybe?
Old 11-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

I actually used the stock front bushing on my Pro 5.0 instead of the poly one to help control additional NVH and doubt the use it would cause the shifter to be any more "notchy" as mine has worked great.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

the rubber if anything will make your shifter shift softer

the rubber and poly bushings are identical in the fitment department if you have the Competition shifter

do you still have your stock shifter? the Competition Hurst looks exactly like a OEM Ford shifter externally (uses same stock). So if your Hurst looks like the stocker, then yeah you can slap the Poly bushings on there.

the poly bushings will really firm up your shifting and allow less deflection from the shifter when you are really hitting the gears hard
Old 11-28-2009, 08:25 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
the rubber if anything will make your shifter shift softer

the rubber and poly bushings are identical in the fitment department if you have the Competition shifter

do you still have your stock shifter? the Competition Hurst looks exactly like a OEM Ford shifter externally (uses same stock). So if your Hurst looks like the stocker, then yeah you can slap the Poly bushings on there.

the poly bushings will really firm up your shifting and allow less deflection from the shifter when you are really hitting the gears hard
screw it,im going to a mgw
Old 11-28-2009, 10:26 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

im still debating on doing the same one eyed *****, i have the hurst comp and not a fan, the thing moves up and down and vibrates louder than the shaker. thinking of either hurst billet or mgw
Old 11-28-2009, 02:18 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by funtimesalways
im still debating on doing the same one eyed *****, i have the hurst comp and not a fan, the thing moves up and down and vibrates louder than the shaker. thinking of either hurst billet or mgw
yup,im going to just spend the extra cash and get the mgw. i have yet to see a single unhappy mgw owner,my hurst really blows, i dont mind the notchy too much, id rather it not be so notchy but i could live with it, i just cant stand trying to slam it in gear and it wont go.so im going to replace the hurst and add some torque limiters.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:25 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Torque limiters will help any kind of shifters.
+1 for that.

Don't forget that you will get notchiness as well with the MGW if you want the same shorter throws.
However, that shifter will not fail you.