Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exchange 2010 for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Originally Posted by pascal
Those new engines won't come free so people with the 2010 can't feel too bad because there won't be any bargaining on the '11 prices.
Heck, dealers might even bump the MSRP.
Exactly, im sure they will be trying to pull the same 5k over sticker that Camaros are, and at that point you should just supercharge and get more torque out of the deal or wait till 12 or 13.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

I want to keep mine, I will want to keep mine more if I do put a blower on it, and suspension kit. I can only go so fast on the street, any faster than that I will get tickets... And I dont want that.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Cross_X
1st Gear Member

They might try to pull even more:
I was buying a V6 on Friday, and the sticker said 1995$ added mark-up, making the dealer's asking price 23840 - and that's for a base V6!=)
Of course that wasn't the price I paid, but it sounds terribly weird.
When I was buying my truck( Silverado 2500HD), I saw a Corvette in the dealer's showroom, and the tag said almost 10000$ mark-up. Now that's just crazy.
And, of course I won't be switching my 2010 to 2011. I might buy a 2nd stang, but I won't switch. I never sell my cars because of the arrival of the newer model on market. And, as all of my cars are project cars, I'd rather have another project car than sell the old and start new.
I did it a couple of times, and one of those was terribly bad: I got a Land Cruiser V8 to replace my 2006 Land Cruiser 100. Drove the new one for about 2000km, and - put it in the garage and take my old one out. The V8 sits in the garage for more than a year now, and I'm driving the old one. I totally hated it - Toyota killed their best SUV with their own hands.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 PM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lax07
I will keep mine. I am pissed that it's not even 2010 yet and my car is out of date. Yes, I had to buy a car because I was in an accident that totaled my G35, so I had no choice. It just sucks that this is the first new car I buy and ford turns around and screws us over with poor business decisions when it comes to timing of model years. Give it all at once, or you will **** off a customer base. You didn't see Chevrolet release the 2010 Camaro SS and then for 2011 give it a brand new engine line up. I guarantee you they won't change it as dramatically in 2012 either.
Chevy also had how many years for R&D for a completely new car? This is how ford introduces cars now. Body/interior overhaul and engine upgrades the following model year. This allows ford to perfect one part and then the other. but it does suck that the 2010's have the old engines. But enjoy your car.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:13 PM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

I LOVE my 09 and won't be getting rid of it. If I bought a new stang everytime the HP was bumped or the body changed, I would be in debt up to my eyeballs. Its just a fact of life!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:25 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Originally Posted by jtstakelin
I LOVE my 09 and won't be getting rid of it. If I bought a new stang everytime the HP was bumped or the body changed, I would be in debt up to my eyeballs. Its just a fact of life!
Agreed, we should all just be happy to take back the throne from the Camaros.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 PM
paulmorgan
1st Gear Member

Here's where I'm at - firstly regardless of the purchase, you're going to lose money cause the moment you drive off the lot you're in depreciation mode. When I looked at buying the car I knew pretty much the 2011 spec. Let's face it, 4L V6 vs 3.7L V6 and the smaller engine is more powerful and frugal sounds great, but I am suspecting you're going to be paying a premium for that power - something in the realm of a base price of $25k. Not terrible, but I figured I wanted the car, not just the power - and let's face it, it's certainly much harder here to speed your nuts off unlike the UK where doing 100mph on the expressway was the norm for me and a thousand other drivers commuting to work. I digress.

So with all that in mind, I've gone for the V6 2010. I'm going to tune it, maybe add a twin exhaust... maybe even a CAI. Still not going to get 300+bhp, but when can I use it? My aim is to add efficiencies to the car to make best use; Ford's conservative tune is good and all but we all know we can improve.

So, although twinged with jealousy of the 2011 spec, I'm still very eager in anticipation of my 2010 (Jan delivery).
Old 11-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Zoom_H
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtstakelin
quote for truth, just go out and enjoy the car you already have
Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Lax07
I will keep mine. I am pissed that it's not even 2010 yet and my car is out of date. Yes, I had to buy a car because I was in an accident that totaled my G35, so I had no choice. It just sucks that this is the first new car I buy and ford turns around and screws us over with poor business decisions when it comes to timing of model years. Give it all at once, or you will **** off a customer base. You didn't see Chevrolet release the 2010 Camaro SS and then for 2011 give it a brand new engine line up. I guarantee you they won't change it as dramatically in 2012 either.
The rumors on this new engine package have been out for many months now. I have read articles since May - June time frame on MANY different car sites. Since the info was out there and if you have been a member for any length of time on this site...this year alone... you had to have seen the comments and threads about it..so how can you be mad when the info has been slowly being leaked??
Old 12-01-2009, 06:59 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

I plan on waiting to see what issues develop for the first few owners with the new engine/tranny combos, I also am very curious to see if the 6-speed auto is going to have paddle shifters? As the wife and I talked about getting a 2011 if the auto's came with paddle shifters, I am also very curious to see how a factory limited slip 3.31 6-speed manual performance package 3.7 does numbers wise? I would guess it should be able to run low to mid 13's and maybe a low/flat 5 sec 0-60? I am excited that for the first time we're getting a awesome base model engine/trannsmissions and factory dual exhaust/factory lsd ON ALL base cars, info center, revised fascia etc. I think I will probally keep my 2010 and sometime next summer/fall try to get a base model white or red 2011 6-speed auto*if it has paddle shifters* 6-speed manual if it doesn't. I'll then proceed to swap parts onto it change out the mufflers/lower it and enjoy the better gas mileage/smoother/quieter powertrain&interior

Quick Reply: Exchange 2010 for 2011