Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Plan

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Metal man
2nd Gear Member

Default X-Plan

I don't know where else to put this,but you guys know everything. I'm looking to get my wife into the Ford family with a Escape but I would like to get a X-plan pin. My step dad has one from Sunoco can I use it (sponsor me)? Or does any one have one?
Please help,
Kurt
Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

An X-plan pin? Is that like a pledge pin (images of Animal House...)?

I have NO idea what that is...
Old 12-08-2009, 07:08 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Technically you or your wife need to work for a company that has a a relationship with FoMoCo. If so, you'd have to call the number provided (or email) and give your Participant Number which is assigned to your company and they will generate your pin. You then take that pin to the dealer and present it to get the discount. Usually the dealer will require you to provide proof of employment by that respective company before they will honor the plan pricing.

I've bought two cars through the XPlan and it was completely painless. They give you the dealer invoice and then charge you $100 over that.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Metal man
2nd Gear Member

Can't my stepdad sponsor me? Thaught I saw that?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:33 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Metal man
I get the ford x plan through my company which is schlumberger (oil field service company). The x plan is offered only to those who live at my address. So i can only get my gf a pin number for the x plan. Though it maybe different for those who actually work for ford.

My experience was very smooth and took the pain out of dealing.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Metal man
There are different levels of the partnership plans... the Xplan is employee and immediate family members only.

joutelt, I'm pretty sure you can't use the xplan for your g/f unless you put the car in your name. They don't want on household residences, otherwise an entire frat house could get the xplan discount if one person worked at a partnership company. :-)
Old 12-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Metal man
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

First of all I just wanted to let you know what the X-plan was. It will put the cost of the vehicle $300 over invoice. As a comparison, I believe Ford employee's actually have the A-plan which is $100 over invoice. The sales guy will only make $100 off the sale of an X-plan.

You don't officially need to work for a partner company to use the x-plan, you just need to know someone who does. When I signed up for it through the internal site, it even said I could do it for friends and family, but wasn't suppose to provide that link to my friends and family. All I needed to do was create the pin code for my friend or family to use and they provide that to the sales person. There is no other "security check" that they do.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Metal man
2nd Gear Member

Can I be your friend?

Originally Posted by Murphdog
First of all I just wanted to let you know what the X-plan was. It will put the cost of the vehicle $300 over invoice. As a comparison, I believe Ford employee's actually have the A-plan which is $100 over invoice. The sales guy will only make $100 off the sale of an X-plan.

You don't officially need to work for a partner company to use the x-plan, you just need to know someone who does. When I signed up for it through the internal site, it even said I could do it for friends and family, but wasn't suppose to provide that link to my friends and family. All I needed to do was create the pin code for my friend or family to use and they provide that to the sales person. There is no other "security check" that they do.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Lots of incorrect information here...

You need:
Someone with a spare xplan pin
Their name

That person will need:
Last four numbers of your social security number
First name
Last name
Street address
City
State
zip code

That's it. Period. If the dealer asks the relationship to that person, you say "A friend of the family" nothing more. I got my x-plan pin from a random dude on the internet, from the blue oval forums. Rock on.

Quick Reply: X-Plan