Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:08 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Default custom tuning

Okay I'm getting ready to order a sct x3 in the near future and there are a few popular tuning places that I been considering. I am kinda partial to brenspeed but if I'm gonna spend 400 for a tuner I want to make sure I make the right choice. I heard really good reviews from brenspeed of course and I have also heard good of vmp and I heard Tillman speed all out tune is amazing. I haven't heard good about American muscle tunes or bamachips. Does anyone have good to say or bad to say about any of these places or recommend anywhere else.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Add Bama to your list of good guys. The only issue with Bama has been some recent lag time to fill orders. IMPO, Bama and Brenspeed are the 2 of the best if not the 2 best.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:40 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Anyone heard much about the Tillman speed all out tune?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Bamachips is an excellent choice as is brookspeed. Eric Brooks of www.brooksspeed.com use to work for SCT. He doesn't have a race, performance, tq, all out or any other type of tune. He told me those types of tunes are mostly gimmicks. He runs the site at www.modularfords.com

I do have both brookspeed and bamachips tunes. Honestly both tunes are great.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:21 AM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

i love the bama tune, couldn't beat the price either and now is actually a good time to order becuase a lot of the northern state stang owners have put their babies away for the winter
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 AM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by boss197
Anyone heard much about the Tillman speed all out tune?
The Tillman Speed 93 All Out tune is awesome...it pulls hard all the way through the powerband, which I believe they are the only ones with an aggressive tune that does that...i have a bama 93 Race tune as well which is equally an amazing tune...the tillman does give me more power down low though which i like because I have cams...I would say both the tillman and the bama are much more aggressive than the brenspeed tunes...my bro-in-law (TorchRed04GT) has the tillman 93 all out and the brenspeed 93 tune and says the tillman feels a lot more powerful but the brenspeed is more drivable...he does have the same cams as me though...also I have heard great reviews of the tunes from BBR (blow by racing) you should check them out as well
Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

+1 on tillmanspeed....93 track tune!!!! one step above their all-out
j
Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 AM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Hey Boss,

I can swear by Breenspeed as their tune was within 2% after dyno-ed. Even the tuner was impressed. I use SCT and I have no complaints.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1morepart
+1 on tillmanspeed....93 track tune!!!! one step above their all-out
j
how does it perform compared to the 93 all out?! as far as power throughout the rpm range, drivability, etc
Old 12-12-2009, 12:48 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Chances are Im going to buy it from brenspeed since I have not heard 1 bad thing about them and they have always been great to me, but I have another question. I know when you buy a tuner it comes with 3 custom tunes from the place where you got it. But what happens if I buy it from brenspeed and I want to try out a bama tune or tillman speed? Do I have to erase one of the brenspeed tunes then? Or do they save on the computer or does the tuner hold more than 3 tunes? Does the tuner come with the USB cable or do I have to buy that extra?

Quick Reply: custom tuning