Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP Hot Rod Cams installed, *VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:30 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Pretty cool that we can pass IM we these tunes... I have to get me a pair of either CAMs ASAP. They will sound killer with the cut outs open!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:32 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I'd love to see what my setup sounds like w/ cutouts.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:52 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Can you still add a supercharger after installing those cams?

Have any of you done before and after dynos?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:55 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
I don't know man. Loud heavy lope gives a lot of wood.
lol me too. That's why I have cut outs.

(-;

quiet for daily driving.. wake the dead on race nights!

enough lope to make my heart skip a beat.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:03 PM
KcMstang
2nd Gear Member

If your planning on a supercharger get some blower cams. Yes, the FRPP cams will work with a supercharger but not to the efficiency of a blower cam. The car sounds great, I got pypes longtubes with o/r hpipe and magnaflow chambered mufflers. I'm very happy with my setup, I can't stop @ a red without someone saying something. Also where is your car idling at? I got my tuned down to 750 and it sounds KILLER! I need to make a new vid, last vid I was still having o2 sensor issues and idling around 950rpms. Congrats on the new parts...
Old 12-14-2009, 03:51 PM
str8wick3d
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
Ahh, so when I called to order mine your the guy they told me that on Friday just left with a set of those FRPP cams installed lol? I noticed on the website they don't have them listed but they definitely do sell them. Mine are getting drop shipped this week from Michigan. They say they support and write the tune for them though so thats a huge plus and a big reason why I decided on those. This cam just seems more out of the box friendly than the Thumpers. I didn't wanna have to fool with installing phasers with the Thumpers and all that mess. So have you noticed any performance increases? Any hicups through the powerband or is it nice and smooth? Also what is your idle rpm at? Sounds great!
yeah that was me Sometimes when throwing it down a car i feel a slight hesitation, its not all the time and im gonna look into it further, I think Im just not used to the 4.10s yet though. But then again something might be wrong with the tune cause my friends stock SS still beat me from a 60 roll I had 2 passengers though.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:52 PM
str8wick3d
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KcMstang
If your planning on a supercharger get some blower cams. Yes, the FRPP cams will work with a supercharger but not to the efficiency of a blower cam. The car sounds great, I got pypes longtubes with o/r hpipe and magnaflow chambered mufflers. I'm very happy with my setup, I can't stop @ a red without someone saying something. Also where is your car idling at? I got my tuned down to 750 and it sounds KILLER! I need to make a new vid, last vid I was still having o2 sensor issues and idling around 950rpms. Congrats on the new parts...
Im idling at around 900rmps.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:47 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KcMstang
If your planning on a supercharger get some blower cams. Yes, the FRPP cams will work with a supercharger but not to the efficiency of a blower cam...
how will the blower cams effect the motor while being NA? I was planning on getting the Blower cams springs required, but it says for highly modified engines. I'd say a motor with cams, delete plates and a blower isn't "highly modified".
Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Yes they can. Beside Bamachips and Brenspeed, BBR and Tillman can hook you up with a killer tune that will pass emissions. JPC told me one time that there's no problem passing emissions w/ these.

Just do it! Don't be skeeeerd!
Thanks for the info! That pretty much puts to bed the biggest issue I was worried about. Definitely didn't want to have to pull them every year for stupid emissions, nor do I know anyone that would pass me with a wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

Now I just have to get over the sticker price
Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 AM
gabb
1st Gear Member

I love those Cams, sound awesome. How much did you get them for??

Here in Canada they want $950 before tax, it will probably run me $1500 including installation. But I think its worth it from your vid.

Quick Reply: FRPP Hot Rod Cams installed, *VIDEO*