Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANTENNA REPLACEMENT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 02:40 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Default ANTENNA REPLACEMENT!!!

last night i brought home a 12" black powdercoated billet antenna and put in on the car in place of the factory 36' lightning rod they send you. it turned out real good and cleaned things up a little bit. i will post pics when i get some. i figured id tell you folks about this deal in case anyone elses is wanting to get rid of theyre big *** factory antennas as well.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:15 PM
bluepony

Default RE: ANTENNA REPLACEMENT!!!

I've been wondering about this aswell can you tell me how much it cost, and from where?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:35 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

a buddy of mine is from carxpressions.com and he sold it to me for $20 and some change. i think the polished is priced the same. he gets me the hook up on lots of stuff. i just talked to him he said just send over anybody from the forums im on.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Check your reception on your favorite radio stations. There's a reason the stock antenna is 30+ inches......
Old 07-22-2005, 02:10 AM
Zeio
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Martin123

Check your reception on your favorite radio stations. There's a reason the stock antenna is 30+ inches......

So I guess the 8" shorty antenna I got from mustangtuning.com can't get decent radio reception? wrong. I have no problem whatsoever and even get better reception in my parking garage than before I installed it. I was hesitant at first, but I haven't the slightest experience of bad reception.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

6" here and no problems

ORIGINAL: Zeio

ORIGINAL: Martin123

So I guess the 8" shorty antenna I got from mustangtuning.com can't get decent radio reception? wrong. I have no problem whatsoever and even get better reception in my parking garage than before I installed it. I was hesitant at first, but I haven't the slightest experience of bad reception.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:35 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CainMotorsports2102

last night i brought home a 12" black powdercoated billet antenna and put in on the car in place of the factory 36' lightning rod they send you. it turned out real good and cleaned things up a little bit. i will post pics when i get some. i figured id tell you folks about this deal in case anyone elses is wanting to get rid of theyre big *** factory antennas as well.
I got this antenna but it still was too big for me - plus with the chrome grille I thought a chrome one would look better - this is the one I have bought from haneymotorsport.com - its a 6 inch chrome billet antenna. I am fitting it in the next couple of days

[IMG]local://upfiles/16568/30C9D6BB16E04B0BB90D3D9E7DDBE939.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-22-2005, 05:22 PM
bluepony

So nobody's having reception problems with the shorter antennas? i guess that settles it then. off to go find one.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:29 PM
gettna05!
2nd Gear Member

I always heard that there is a good reason all factory antennas are 31" long; that is the length or the amplitude of a frequency-modulated (FM) wave. Your FM signal will be stongest when you can capture all 31" of FM goodness. Some shorter antennas compensate by adding wound-wire pod things. I don't know how that works or how well.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:56 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gettna05!

I always heard that there is a good reason all factory antennas are 31" long; that is the length or the amplitude of a frequency-modulated (FM) wave. Your FM signal will be stongest when you can capture all 31" of FM goodness. Some shorter antennas compensate by adding wound-wire pod things. I don't know how that works or how well.
So many people keep saying that the smaller antenna's wont work due to there size and then give very technical reasons for this (most of which I dont understand) but my 14 inch antenna works perfectly....the big test is when I get this 6 inch shorty on!

Quick Reply: ANTENNA REPLACEMENT!!!