Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mustang Owner, Must have's

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Dreamer1
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Re-post asking for pictures of your Dash cover.. Went over to your original thread, see you already have them up.. Disregard..

Dreamer1

Last edited by Dreamer1; 12-17-2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Tired to early in the morning
Old 12-17-2009, 11:29 AM
AZ MSCL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
I now have 500 miles on my new toy. It will be getting an oil change tomorrow. I will be using full synthetic for the change. There are many vehicles (Corvette, Mercedes, Audi, etc) that come factory filled with full synthetic.

On the break in method, I just drive it like I drive it. Yes, I drive fairly agressive, so I for sure have done some more than a few full throttle runs, burnies, red lines, etc already. But I have also driven like a gandma back and forth to work and driven both 50 and 90+ on the freeway for extended periods. I don't really think it matters much IMHO.

On the car care stuff, I think I will just bow and defer to AJ 68 on that

+1 on the dash cover. I am in the IE as well and the dash cover will help protect the dash in the hot sun out here.
Nice car, but I'm wondering why you have "Boss" on the hood to fender decal?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

A good shelter is probably the best with respect to keeping the morning dew off the car. And since you're not in the north where you need to worry about any moisture freezing the cover to the car surfaces, any half decent light weight cover will work fine, especially if you don't get much precipataion. I bought an $80 cover from AmericanMuscle but it's not any better than the $44 cover from WalMart. Light, easy to put on and take off and folds easy to be stuffed in the trunk.

As far as oil, the car comes with blend from the factory and is good for 5,000-7,500 miles. But I went to full syn (Amsoil 0W20 and Amsoil Ea filter) at about 2,500 miles. I drive a lot of highway and frequent runs over 100 MPH so instead of the recommended 15,000 mile changes, I change mine between 8,000 and 10,000 miles. The Stang isn't my DD either. The g/f's '06 V6 Pony still gets the blend at 5,000 miles or 6 months since her's is her DD and see's a lot of stop and go and short trips.

As far as detailing, there are a ton of great products out there. Some are better for dark vehicles whereas others are better on light colored cars so take what opinions you get lightly. I'm sure you'll figure this one out.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:17 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by AZ MSCL
Nice car, but I'm wondering why you have "Boss" on the hood to fender decal?
Why does Galpin Auto Sports put "Boss" on them? Why do several other aftermarket car places do it?? My question is why do we care?? It's not our car, we don't make the payments, and it's what HE wanted and HE makes the car payment....
Old 12-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Dreamer1
2nd Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Why does Galpin Auto Sports put "Boss" on them? Why do several other aftermarket car places do it?? My question is why do we care?? It's not our car, we don't make the payments, and it's what HE wanted and HE makes the car payment....

Here, here, well said! You can always come at it with a purest attitude but who cares. Car looks sweet and he's on the right track with his mods.. Mod list is very close to what I would probably want to do to start.. I've got some ideas brewing now.. Not sure I can pull it off but I've always been one to throw my hat in the ring and give her hell trying, so who knows. I just might be able to make it happen. God willing and the river dont rise..

By the way all the comments on oil are well recieved as it's a topic that's on my mind for sure. Taking it all in, thanks for the comments and replies. As always, it is appreceated..

Yours On MF

Dreamer1
Old 12-17-2009, 05:14 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Wish I could have waited til this month my ford dealer offering $6,000 off now, that is a must have. dam..
Old 12-17-2009, 08:18 PM
AZ MSCL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Why do I care? Because this is a car forum, we ask questions and share information on car forums, I saw a "Boss" decal on a new Mustang, the term Boss carries some additional meaning over a regular Mustang, I'm curious, etc, etc. Don't you know anything about Mustangs? This your first one? Why are you so defensive? Why the hell can't I ask a question without a bunch of BS flames? Are there any mature adults on this forum? WTF?

Last edited by AZ MSCL; 12-17-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:33 PM
ksguy73

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
I consider these one of the first "must haves". The hideous air bag warnings stick out like a sore thumb. Several different styles.

http://www.grabberpony.com/index.php...d&productId=29
+1. One of the best inexpensive mods out there IMO.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AZ MSCL
Why do I care? Because this is a car forum, we ask questions and share information on car forums, I saw a "Boss" decal on a new Mustang, the term Boss carries some additional meaning over a regular Mustang, I'm curious, etc, etc. Don't you know anything about Mustangs? This your first one? Why are you so defensive? Why the hell can't I ask a question without a bunch of BS flames? Are there any mature adults on this forum? WTF?
No. And seems to me, AZ MSCL, that it's YOU getting defensive.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Lol. Wahhhh, wahhhh!

Oh and yeah, first Mustang for Wilki the n00b!

Quick Reply: New Mustang Owner, Must have's