Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed the Stang!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:02 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Not as bad as I was thinking, should be an easy fix. Did it get the fenders or just the bumper.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:47 AM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Glad your okay! From the pics it doesn't look to bad
Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Dame83
1st Gear Member

I believe the front bumper, not the fenders, it hit pretty dead on with the rail. Thought it was gonna flip over the way i was spinning around but that car is heavy like people say. Kept to the ground really well.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:00 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Not too bad indeed...
The lower radiator support is wacked though, it's a n $1000 item from the factory now.
Insurance will prolly write it with the much cheaper aftermarket one, same with the radiator and condenser if it's hurt.
Time to put an aftermarket bumper as well...
GT/CS front kit retails for $399. Part #:6R3Z-6320049-AA

Good luck.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:27 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear your ok....sucks about your car..but at least you could upgrade the front end if you choose.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Dame83
1st Gear Member

ok so how does this work, upgrading the bumper. Do tell the adjuster and shop to order the specific one of my choosing or do I order the part myself with the deductible money?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:04 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Ouch, sorry bro. People around these parts drive nuts. What's even worse is that the other driver took off, and obviously you're trying to hold onto dear life so you couldn't catch the plates. Those pictures are hard to look at. I'm out in the suburban Silver Spring area. Hopefully the snow storm won't affect our cars being looked at by the adjuster.. and I have the same insurance as you do. I have been waiting for a week now since the adjuster first came out Hopefully yours will operate faster.

I pretty much worked with the bodyshop directly. I didn't mention anything to insurance about having my own aftermarket parts of choice installed. What they will do is write an estimate and then cut a check. Either to you or the bodyshop. Mine told me it would come to me but they sent it to the shop directly.. but anyhow, if you are going to put on aftermarket bumper, you get "credit" for the amount allotted by insurance and you pay the difference out of your pocket. In my case, I purchased the parts and had them shipped to the shop. They will then "adjust" the estimate to account for my own parts. That is as far as I have got. They found additional damage to the body after they stripped the pieces off and I'm waiting for my adjuster to show up. As for the other parts, they will be using aftermarket parts, which can be salvaged, reconditioned, etc. so if you want to use all original OEM parts, you will have to pay out of the pocket to make up the difference. Not sure what they can do with your deductible, but hope Geico can work with you on that.

This is the part where you turn something bad into something good!! I've been bummed out for a while after my accident until I started shopping around to mod my mustang. The GT500 looks sweet, but I ended up going with the Roush front fascias because I still love the original s197 front, but just made it a bit more aggressive looking. Now I'm thinking about the GT/CS rear..

I'm just glad you weren't injured in the accident. Like everyone else has mentioned, the mustang can be repaired. Tail spinning is fun, just not in the middle of the road, or crashing into a railing

Keep us posted, and let us know what you decided to go with!

Oh, btw, this is where something like this comes in handy

Originally Posted by digitalcos
Originally Posted by pascal
That'll work!
Does it go to the front grille via a long tube?
My name is Bond, James Bond.

Last edited by alkemist; 12-20-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Not too bad indeed...
The lower radiator support is wacked though, it's a n $1000 item from the factory now.
Depending on how bad its bent you can just have the shop pull it back and run as is. Since its all located in front of the suspension it wont affect anything as long as the body panels will line up right. My sixxers rad support is bent at the bottom about a 1/2 inch toward the rear and has been for about 4 yrs.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dame83
She actually fled the scene, didnt even stop to see if I was ok. This was before the snow storm we had this weekend so i wasnt weather related. I believe there was a police report, one the Geico people i spoke with says it may fall under the uninsured motorist if there is a police report. That may drop the deductible down to $250. Reason why i asked about the droppin the deductible cause my adjuster said something about one the rims have a little road rash and i could not have the whole rim replaced and he would knock of around $150 from the deductible.

Also here are some images

Radiator cracked
I don't understand why they won't replace the whole rim. When my daughter wrecked her 2006 Focus, she had aftermarket rims and one had some road rash ... the insurance company replaced the whole rim.
I would enquire about that and their reasoning. Sounds bogus to me.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:54 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Depending on how bad its bent you can just have the shop pull it back and run as is. Since its all located in front of the suspension it wont affect anything as long as the body panels will line up right. My sixxers rad support is bent at the bottom about a 1/2 inch toward the rear and has been for about 4 yrs.
Bent is one thing, but shaved off is another.
Looks like the cradle part of it is gone on those pics...

Quick Reply: Crashed the Stang!