Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang and Salt

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:18 PM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

I have four i guess you could call them top cap cinder blocks, the ones with no holes and are about 3 inches thick, that I'm going to toss in if it gets bad. No worries about sand bags busting or anything like that.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:06 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Just wondering, do ya'll drive around with your (various) weights or ahem feathers through the whole winter season or only when you know it will snow or there is snow on the ground?
Old 12-29-2009, 04:04 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

Snow = No mustang.....Storage.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Just wondering, do ya'll drive around with your (various) weights or ahem feathers through the whole winter season or only when you know it will snow or there is snow on the ground?
I plan on leaving Big Bird in the trunk all season...weather's too changeable here to be loading and un-loading the trunk.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:27 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
I prefer to use dead bodies.
those are cheaper than feathers!

but Snow tires > adding more weight to the car.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Boondoggie
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jtstakelin
I have four i guess you could call them top cap cinder blocks, the ones with no holes and are about 3 inches thick, that I'm going to toss in if it gets bad. No worries about sand bags busting or anything like that.
Yeah, you just have to worry about concrete projectiles exploding through your back seat in the event of a collision. Not saying sandbags are better in that regard, but people generally don't appreciate the danger of heavy objects (even unbuckled passengers) flying around the car in a crash.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
NatDaBrat

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
This has got to be the must entertaining thread I have read yet.

The shingles idea was great. I never would have thought of that. How did you come to the idea? Did you happen to have a package already on hand?

Correct me if I am wrong....but wouldn't 150lbs. of feathers weigh the same as 150lbs. of dead bodies? Although, the dead bodies would be a much better story to explain to the officer if you ever get pulled over while drift turning.
My husband is a contractor and has been using shingles for years. I can't count how many times we've pulled one out of his truck to help someone who was stuck.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boondoggie
Yeah, you just have to worry about concrete projectiles exploding through your back seat in the event of a collision. Not saying sandbags are better in that regard, but people generally don't appreciate the danger of heavy objects (even unbuckled passengers) flying around the car in a crash.
Ya thats why I'd go with the feathers
lower density so less likely to apply their full force over a small area

but can 150lb of feathers fit in the trunk?

and cotton ***** might be better

Last edited by Ford_Dude; 12-30-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
MR_Q
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Dead bodies will begin to stink and aren't as good getting you unstuck as shingles. Feathers are ok but not as good as shingles...

<putting on my straight-man hat...> 150 lbs is 150 lbs, be it feathers, shingles or dead bodies (but the dead bodies FEEL heavier).
The dead body doesn't start to stink until spring... That's how you know you don't need it anymore! If you have the clearence, you can stick a dead body under the wheels for traction.... But only the one time. It's a real bitch to put back in the trunk after.

If you stick a LIVING body in the trunk (and a rope and shovel), then you NEVER have to worry about getting stuck again. However, you either have to pay for food bills or replace it every few weeks.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Just fine Riptide

there doing just fine....
Ha ha, thats awesome. And I freaked out when mine got covered in snow. Of coarse, I live in so cal, where its freezing if it gets bellow 70, so some snow while I was in AZ was a big deal.

Quick Reply: Mustang and Salt