Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help appraising my car - Intake/gear/cam 07 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

Default Help appraising my car - Intake/gear/cam 07 Mustang GT

Hello everyone.

Well with the 5.0 around the corner, I am starting to seriously consider selling my mustang in the spring. I am looking for a bit of help in appraising the car. Any ideas how much she will be worth in the spring?

Here are a few pics, the mods are listed in my signature. Basic mods are: Intake, tune, CMCV deletes, FRPP cams, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP Stingers, high flow cats, spydershaft, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, and J&M upper/lower control arms

She will have maybe 70k miles. Paint is in decent shape with the expected chips for the mileage, and has been well cared for

Would 15k be asking too much? I am trying to figure out all my finances and see where i stand

Thanks for any opinions, and my apology if this is the incorrect section to post such a question
Old 12-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Intervention
Hello everyone.

Well with the 5.0 around the corner, I am starting to seriously consider selling my mustang in the spring. I am looking for a bit of help in appraising the car. Any ideas how much she will be worth in the spring?

Here are a few pics, the mods are listed in my signature. Basic mods are: Intake, tune, CMCV deletes, FRPP cams, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP Stingers, high flow cats, spydershaft, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, and J&M upper/lower control arms

She will have maybe 70k miles. Paint is in decent shape with the expected chips for the mileage, and has been well cared for

Would 15k be asking too much? I am trying to figure out all my finances and see where i stand

Thanks for any opinions, and my apology if this is the incorrect section to post such a question
15k doesnt sound bad to me but youd be way better of parting out most of the parts and returning closer to stock.
especially parting it out now. It seems alot of guys are modding their cars more now so they can enjoy them in the spring.

And if you do part it out, pm me info on the shaft
Old 12-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
15k doesnt sound bad to me but youd be way better of parting out most of the parts and returning closer to stock.
especially parting it out now. It seems alot of guys are modding their cars more now so they can enjoy them in the spring.

And if you do part it out, pm me info on the shaft
See, I'd rather not go through all the trouble parting it out and all. But you got first dibs on the shaft if I sell it. How does 375 plus shipping sound?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

car looks awesome

and that will be a high point for selling it.

but the go fast goodies need to go. you are going to scare off most buyers with those installed...not to mention they won't make the sale price worth anymore.

I highly suggest you part her out...and/or see what will transfer over to the new 2011 mustangs.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:02 AM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

IDK, I never really thought of parting my car out. But it is a strong possibility

I could put everything back to stock apart from the gears and the clutch
Old 12-26-2009, 07:54 AM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

while i like it, and if you can find someone to pay what you are asking go for it, but they will not be able to get a loan for more then the KBB price on it. When i was getting my loan for my car, i paid just under sticker(my first new car!), i watched one of the loan officers try to explain to a PFC(E-3) that they can only give him a car loan for the KBB of the car, that they wont give him 5k more for the rims and another 3k for the 'thumping stereo' and he did not have the credit built up to get both the car loan and an 8K personal loan. Banks can be very hard nosed about what a car is worth.

Like others have said you might get more if you part out the car/return it close to stock, and then sell it for ~ KBB value for it.

just my 2 cents.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:44 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

price sounds reasonable with the mods. but if I were looking for a used mustang I sure would not pay that much for a car with over 70k. That's the only issue I see, as you see that price for cars with 40-50k. Do what I will do, take this time to take it back to stock and trade it in.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'd say leave as-is and figure on $15k - $18k depending on your location and the economy. It may take a bit since you're market is rather limited but she's a beauty and will definitely catch some eyes.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:42 AM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Ill be interested in the frpp stingers
Old 12-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

from what i've experienced, the dealers don't care what parts you have on when you trade it; they go for what the bottom line trade-in value is even if you have a custom gold-plated steering wheel or something (selling it yourself, though, is obviously a different story). as far as a trade-in goes, i'd bet you wouldn't get more than ~13k at the most; if you sell it yourself, i could see you getting ~15-16k (maybe 17k if you push your aftermarket stuff). so... that being said, i'd probably part out your aftermarket parts too, you'd get more money back in the long run.

Quick Reply: Help appraising my car - Intake/gear/cam 07 Mustang GT