Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequentail Tail lights

Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 PM
scapegoat
2nd Gear Member

i was following a 05-09 a couple months back that had sequential brake lights and it confused me every time they went on... i didn't know whether he was braking or turning b/c the sequential lights really draw your attention to one or the other
Old 12-29-2009, 03:49 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

If the person was braking, all the lights would lit up and stay lit. If the person was turning, the lights would continue to sequence. Make sense?
Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
My Web Electric kit is sequential on both the brakelights and turn signals. The brake lights are what really catches the attention. They run through one sequential and then stay solid until the brake is released and reapplied. Is the 2010 not the same?
Same here. I don't see how this confuses people unless you're not focusing on the entire rear end of the car.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:21 PM
scapegoat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtnblk.GT
If the person was braking, all the lights would lit up and stay lit. If the person was turning, the lights would continue to sequence. Make sense?
i'm not a moron
Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 PM
mustang2007

Originally Posted by Lifter583
My Web Electric kit is sequential on both the brakelights and turn signals. The brake lights are what really catches the attention. They run through one sequential and then stay solid until the brake is released and reapplied. Is the 2010 not the same?
This is how I thought they were to suppossed to work. I've been rear ended before and want people to see my brake lights. They do catch your eye better. Peopel is Florida are the worst drivers.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang2007
This is how I thought they were to suppossed to work. I've been rear ended before and want people to see my brake lights. They do catch your eye better. Peopel is Florida are the worst drivers.
Hahaha, I think California might be high on that list also. This morning I had the worst time trying to get past this oriental girl that wouldn't go past 50mph on the freeway. I exclaimed to my daughter who was sitting beside me, that if anyone is that afraid of going fast, they should not be on the freeway. As I made my way through traffic and passed her, I could see a huge line building behind her and she didn't care. Bad drivers and self centered here in So Cal.

As for the lights, I think the general idea is that they are distracting because at first glance they give you the impression that the person is turning, and later you don't know if they turned off the signal of just decided not to turn. If it was that way on all vehicles we would be used to it, but since it catches you of guard, you fall back on what you know, that it looked like a turn signal. Since the event isn't repeated (unless it's stop and go traffic) then the person behind you wont know for sure. As far as people seeing you more, I don't know about that. I remember when cars didn't have the third brake light and they said that this new fangled third brake light would help avoid accidents because it was right in front of the driver's face and at eye level. People started ignoring them soon enough. If someone is so stupid that they are going to rear end you, no amount of lights in the world will wake them up. You have to understand that most people have the attention span of a gnat and are easily distracted. The slightest thing (ooh a birdie!) will make them loose their train of thought.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 AM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scapegoat
i'm not a moron
Then why would you ask that question? You said you were confused... maybe you should proof read before you post things....
Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Chill the BS back and forth banter... This is a forum not a tit for tat session. Grow up for pete's sake
Old 12-30-2009, 07:15 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Chill the BS back and forth banter... This is a forum not a tit for tat session. Grow up for pete's sake
Agreed.

But FL drivers still suck! Except for you and I of course...
Old 12-30-2009, 08:38 AM
scapegoat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtnblk.GT
Then why would you ask that question? You said you were confused... maybe you should proof read before you post things....
reading comprehension is an important skill to have when reading forum posts.

When the brakes light up and they do the sequential thing it does grab your attention. but for me i had to take a fraction of a second to discern whether or not the person was planning on turning, or was merely braking. which was a pain in the *** during a "fun run" that was follow the leader style. i, nor the guy

we've become accustomed to the follow: brake lights are static, they turn on and off. turn signals flash.

the sequential turn signal is great as it really draws attention to the car and where you are intending to go.

i was disappointed that the sequential lights don't go on when the hazards are on

the sequential brake lights can lead to short term confusion

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sequentail Tail lights