Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ratings on steeda cai/tuner combo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Default Any ratings on steeda cai/tuner combo?

I've looked around at different topics on this site, and I finally decided on getting a cai/tuner combo from brenspeed because I hear they have some of the best custom tunes available, I also saw the video on how to install the tune and I was surprised at how easy it looked. Anyways, I hear that JLT should be the cai to buy with the tune, but then I saw steeda's cai. It was more expensive then the other cai's but I wanted to see if anybody on here thinks it would be a good buy. I plan on getting the cai/tuner within the next few months, I'll be going back to school in a few days, so it might not be until around spring break when I actually buy it. Thanks guys.

p.s. my car should be out of the shop next friday, so I'll let you know how everything turns out.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

I got one this week. I'll post a rating when I get it in. I got an SCT SF3 Tuner with it.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:12 PM
LIKESITRIGHT
1st Gear Member

i have the steeda cai, and brenspeed tune. love it !!!! no problems. i dont think there is much difference in cai's , as long as it is a quality one.( not a 30.00 ebay one) buy what you like!!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
yc420
2nd Gear Member

I run the Steeda CAI and I have no complaints to date. Great intake with a great heat shield if you ask me. JLT might look prettier but I've heard some carbon fiber nightmares with their inlet tube.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilasX93
I got one this week. I'll post a rating when I get it in. I got an SCT SF3 Tuner with it.
thanks man, this really helps out alot. man thats gonna be fun driving around with that installed.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

All of the tune-required CAI's are equivalent in performance. Since the tune is about 70%-80% of the power adder of the combo, you did well choosing Brenspeed as your tuner. As far as the CAI, pick the one that suits your eyes and your wallet. I have the Steeda CAI and it's fine. I'm sure I'd say the same about the JLT, C&L and others.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yc420
I run the Steeda CAI and I have no complaints to date. Great intake with a great heat shield if you ask me. JLT might look prettier but I've heard some carbon fiber nightmares with their inlet tube.
awesome!! yeah i've heard of a few complaints like you said with the inlet tube, i've also heard that they sometimes run a little lean or something? i think the steeda cai would be the best one for me. how does the throttle response feel compared to stock?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:22 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
All of the tune-required CAI's are equivalent in performance. Since the tune is about 70%-80% of the power adder of the combo, you did well choosing Brenspeed as your tuner. As far as the CAI, pick the one that suits your eyes and your wallet. I have the Steeda CAI and it's fine. I'm sure I'd say the same about the JLT, C&L and others.
thanks for the help man, its greatly appreciated. I'm really getting into the modding now, it seems like my parents are cool with it ever since i got the muffler deletes. do you feel a noticeable pull when you go full throttle?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by m5miler
awesome!! yeah i've heard of a few complaints like you said with the inlet tube, i've also heard that they sometimes run a little lean or something? i think the steeda cai would be the best one for me. how does the throttle response feel compared to stock?
The improvement in throttle response is all from the tune as is the improved shifting on an automatic. The CAI plays no part in it.

Depending which tune I run determines where in the power band I feel more power. But even the cutom 87 tune kicks azz over the stock tune.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
The improvement in throttle response is all from the tune as is the improved shifting on an automatic. The CAI plays no part in it.

Depending which tune I run determines where in the power band I feel more power. But even the cutom 87 tune kicks azz over the stock tune.
alright cool, this is exactly what i've been wanting to hear. does the tune void the warranty at all? just curious.

Quick Reply: Any ratings on steeda cai/tuner combo?