Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've finally got it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Default I've finally got it!

Hey guys,

Tonight I finally picked up my first mustang. It's a sterling gray metallic 5 speed gt. I got the 3.73 rear axle and the security package, and nothing else. I've been searching and negotiating since november of 08, I placed the order on october 24, and the car came in last night. It's a bit humbling trying to learn how to drive stick, but I'm sure with some more practice I will get the hang of it. I got a great deal, and am extremely happy with the car, pictures will be sure to follow.

I've done hours upon hours of research, but I still can't lock down certain things...

Any new maintenance i should watch with the car? I'm thinking I'm gonna get an oil change at around 800 miles, is that good? What oil do you guys prefer for these 2010s?

Thanks for all the help, I'm finally a member haha
Old 01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride! You're going to love driving it. Stick is easy. Practice makes perfect. You've come to the right place. Every mod I've researched has been from this site. There's more experience here than anywhere else I know of. Again, congrats and post some pics of that GT!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:52 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Congrats!!! I placed my order on 10/24 and my car is still not here! My car is in MO right now.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:05 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Congrats, my car has been sent to the factory, LOL, should have a VIN by friday.

PICS!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:07 PM
GunMetalGT08
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new Stang!!! i remember when i picked up my 08 and i have yet to regret it! Yeah stick is weird at first but once you get the hang of it is is awesome!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:08 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys,

Dave- Sick ride bro and I will get some pics up asap tomorrow morning. Haha, stick isn't as easy as I thought, I figure'd it would take me 15 minutes to be driving smooth...it hasn't quite been that way! haha, it will come though I'm sure.

Doug- The wait is well worth it, I almost didn't get the car I ordered, but I ordered this one because I can afford it and it is what I wanted. I'm very happy I waited, and I cannot wait to drive this car tomorrow.

Def- Remember to be patient, nothing like being the only person to ever drive your car (this is the first new car I've bought/ordered)

Gun metal- Nice ride man, I was looking for an 08 for the longest time because of the incentives, but just couldn't pull it together. I'm real excited to actually be "good" at stick. I just gotta practice!

Last edited by swat 79; 01-04-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Ha, patients is not my virtue

If I were you I'd still be driving, straight through till 7am tommorrow work, haha
Old 01-04-2010, 11:28 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by def67
Ha, patients is not my virtue

If I were you I'd still be driving, straight through till 7am tommorrow work, haha

hahahaha, I've thought about it, but when I smelt the clutch burning, I figure it would be good to take a rest.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:29 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
... You've come to the right place. Every mod I've researched has been from this site. ...

Congrats on the new ride swat -- great choice of color, too

And what discodave said above holds true:

Combining the wisdom of folks from this site, and pounding a bit of pavement to local performance shops for some face to face interaction -- I've had the necessary peace of mind to mess around with my vehicle that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I can't overstate how nice it is to pick someone else's brain when you're dealing with (at least what I believe is) such a big investment.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

We all knew at work monday this guy would be rolling in on a new camaro, he is a die hard chevy fan, truck, cars.....so this guy with a new vette comes to me and says, "here meet your newest best friend", I said why, "he bought a '08 mustang CS 800 miles on it, $22,000 " man I was totally surprised, I asked why, he had test drove a camaro before thanksgiving and loved it, then after xmas while off drove the black CS and was impressed, plus he did not like that he was forking out $320 a tire down the road, plus radio looked wierd he said....plus gets better mileage, and I said from side you have to take a double take at times cuz looks like a challenger, no mistaking a stang I said, he made right move...

Quick Reply: I've finally got it!