Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joined the need a new front end club.. I have some ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

Hey if you need a new GT crash pad isolator i have one for sale for real cheap. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
whos person made the decision that your hood didnt need to be fixed? Dont be nice here man. Your hood wasnt a hair bent before he pulled out in front of you, and its going to cost alot of extra coin to get that repainted.

Dont sell yourself short, take it to your own body place to be appraised, and ask what it will cost to have it fixed IDENTICAL to how you had it before, straight hood and prepaint.
I plan next week to have the shop i would most likely get the work done at and tell me what he thinks. I was shocked when i herd it was that low. Im busy all this week but I told the guy that the hood would be an isore and i want it fixed. I was in a pinch on time and took the papers and said id look them over. Im not one to bitch and moan, but not this time.

Thanks for the help, I too think the stripes would stand out esp when i know there not painted. Just hearing like the first 3 post was enough haha.

Great picture, i love the cowl. But i think the venom/ss hood just flows better with the bumper. Still mean 10X mean looking than the white gt
Old 01-14-2010, 01:00 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Update: well I called the insurecne claim guy about my hood. He said that the damage to my hood is with in his "claim" that it is fixable. He said it can be tweaked back in to spec. My argument was my hood was not tweaked before nore would I want a "tweaked" part ESP a part like a hood on my car. He just kept going on and on how he's done this a ton and my is no differnt. I was getting really pissed and told him I will pursue this further. I have his supervisors number, just hadn't called him yet to see what he says. Any ideas or points to help me agruee if he too says no?

The estimater said that if the shop I take my car to claims that it need to be replaced that he personally will go to the shop and discuss it with the shop owner. He "claimed" to have been a body shop tech person for 10 years, wether or not that is true he may know his stuff. I just don't like the idea of having a tweaked hood. I was telling him that the metal could be weakend in the proseces and out hoods already lift at high speed, I wouldn't feel safe with a weakend hood. Body pannels are diffent just not hood.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:13 PM
riskyfool
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
I was telling him that the metal could be weakend in the proseces and out hoods already lift at high speed, I wouldn't feel safe with a weakend hood. Body pannels are diffent just not hood.
I don't know if it would help or not, but working with the angle above you could also tell him you regularly take your car to the track so the risk of the hood lifting is more important because of that.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:55 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by riskyfool
I don't know if it would help or not, but working with the angle above you could also tell him you regularly take your car to the track so the risk of the hood lifting is more important because of that.
NO, don't do that... That's like saying "Hey, I regularly drive this car waaay over the speed limit" which you don't want your insurance company to know.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:46 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Update: well I called the insurecne claim guy about my hood. He said that the damage to my hood is with in his "claim" that it is fixable. He said it can be tweaked back in to spec. My argument was my hood was not tweaked before nore would I want a "tweaked" part ESP a part like a hood on my car. He just kept going on and on how he's done this a ton and my is no differnt. I was getting really pissed and told him I will pursue this further. I have his supervisors number, just hadn't called him yet to see what he says. Any ideas or points to help me agruee if he too says no?

The estimater said that if the shop I take my car to claims that it need to be replaced that he personally will go to the shop and discuss it with the shop owner. He "claimed" to have been a body shop tech person for 10 years, wether or not that is true he may know his stuff. I just don't like the idea of having a tweaked hood. I was telling him that the metal could be weakend in the proseces and out hoods already lift at high speed, I wouldn't feel safe with a weakend hood. Body pannels are diffent just not hood.
Here we go...
That hood is $1300 and there isn't a CAPA aftermarket one available so they'll have to fork the money but they don't want to do that of course.
Your hood might be repairable indeed (after all, you didn't provide us any pix yet) and if it is, they have grounds to dispute a new one.
You could always tell them that you found an aftermarket one for a lot cheaper than $1300. They might go for that upon proof of invoice.
I did this with customers more than once before and it worked.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:06 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

wow didnt know the hood was that much. Ill ask him and see if he would meet me half way on an aftermarket hood or something and see what he says. I do understand that this isnt a charity just giving parts away. I do think the hood could get tweaked but i just dont like the idea.

The hood gap looking down at the fender and the hood are perfect. Just looking from across the hood you can see the hood is like a 1/16" lower if that and fades about 2' towards the windsheild and blends flush again. I just see the fender from the side of the car sticking above the hood and it kills mes. Know one else would notice but i do which for those how know is the deff of an isore.

That crappy part is the other guys insurence is trying to blame me now so i have to pay my deductable which is 500 and i "may" be refunded when the dust settles if i want to fix it now. But i have a poilce report and a statement from the officer who said it wasnt my fault which is enough for my insurence to say its not my fault and by claiming it, my rates will not raise and there will be no report of an accident that was my fault.

Paying that 500 is gonna hurt in doing the conversion but, my insurence is paying for a hood and bumper to be painted with the stripes. So if i wanna do it the time is now
Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

The estimater said that if the shop I take my car to claims that it need to be replaced that he personally will go to the shop and discuss it with the shop owner.
well theres your problem..... its there estimator telling you this... forget that. Take your car imidiatly to YOUR shop of choice. Screw everything there adjuster said.. Throw that **** out your window. Get the quote as to what it will cost to get it fixed the way it was. If they dont want to give you that number (not the number there adjuster is going to try to argue, but what that shop says it will take to do it right) then go to your own insuance, and tell them that company is trying to low ball you on the repair to have it fixed.

He "claimed" to have been a body shop tech person for 10 years, wether or not that is true he may know his stuff.
Who cares. hes working for that old guys insurance company. you are 100% expense to them with no chance of return. His job is to make you take the minimum you can to get it fixed. He wants to play hardball, tell them how your insurance already offered to fix it. Have it repaired, yeah you will pay your deducatable now, but then your insurance deals with theres to get your money back, you dont deal with there Ahole adjuster anymore. and eventualy you will get your money back from your company.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
well theres your problem..... its there estimator telling you this... forget that. Take your car imidiatly to YOUR shop of choice. Screw everything there adjuster said.. Throw that **** out your window. Get the quote as to what it will cost to get it fixed the way it was. If they dont want to give you that number (not the number there adjuster is going to try to argue, but what that shop says it will take to do it right) then go to your own insuance, and tell them that company is trying to low ball you on the repair to have it fixed.

Who cares. hes working for that old guys insurance company. you are 100% expense to them with no chance of return. His job is to make you take the minimum you can to get it fixed. He wants to play hardball, tell them how your insurance already offered to fix it. Have it repaired, yeah you will pay your deducatable now, but then your insurance deals with theres to get your money back, you dont deal with there Ahole adjuster anymore. and eventualy you will get your money back from your company.
The shop it was quoted at is a big name shop does all the repairs for like 10 auto dealers. I asked them before what it would cost to paint a shelby wing with the stripes. He quoted me at 545.00 just to paint the wing, I know there low balling me. Since they gave me the choice of my shop i will have the shop i may have it done at look and see what he thinks, hes away right now on a trip and will be back mid next week. I went to the org shop today and the same guy was at the counter so i didnt ask him. But i wanna take it to the same shop and see if i can sneak a quote in with out any influence from the geico guy and see how far the differnce is. If its noticable the dude is deff gonna look like an *** when the same shop quoted me different esp if they call for new hood. just 1300 for a new bumper, adj the hood install and paint just seemed way too low esp when the same shop quoted 545 for just painting the wing.

What a headach
Old 01-14-2010, 11:07 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
Yeah, I sometimes really hate seeing pictures of it...lol!!!
Its not like what you have is worse

Quick Reply: Joined the need a new front end club.. I have some ???