Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have the Cervinis Heat Extractor Hood?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:08 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone Have the Cervinis Heat Extractor Hood?

I would like to see pics of the Cervinis Heat Extractor Hood (Part #1179) installed on their car.

https://www.cervinis.com/product.asp...1&id=1208#1179

I also have a few questions...

1. How is the fit and finish? I know Cervinis usually has good fit and finish.

2. What color are the billet vents and are they functional? If so, do they work good?

3. Can you use hood struts with this hood?

Thanks in advance...
Old 01-28-2010, 02:57 PM
DLZ314
2nd Gear Member

I'd also love to see some photos, and read those questions answered.
In addition I'd love to know about underhood clearances. EG: can I fit a SC under there, what about my strut brace?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
I would like to see pics of the Cervinis Heat Extractor Hood (Part #1179) installed on their car.

https://www.cervinis.com/product.asp...1&id=1208#1179

I also have a few questions...

1. How is the fit and finish? I know Cervinis usually has good fit and finish.

2. What color are the billet vents and are they functional? If so, do they work good?

3. Can you use hood struts with this hood?

Thanks in advance...

The fit and finish is very high quality.....I know I have many Cervini parts...LOL

The vents are painted whatever color you want (dont quote me) but I am sure you just get them painted whatever color you want...

Yes you can use hood struts....any fiberglass hood can use hood struts...my cervini hood has them and I drilled and used rivets like the product calls for...no worries...measure twice and drill once...

The hood will clear a TS S/C no problem with no dropping of the motor with shorter motor mounts....heck the stock hood can accommodate a Whipple without and mods except removing part of the under hood insulation for the S/C pulley

I dont think there are many strut tower bars that will work over the S/C and I have no desire to cover that beauty in any way....really not necessary IMO

EDIT:....sorry guys....I thought you were talking about this hood and not the one in the link...I read billet inserts or vents and assumed it was this one

So my info above applies to the hood in the pic above and not the one linked by the OP....Sorry...just love Cervini parts

I will say that any centri S/C will fit on the linked hood by Cervini

Last edited by mygt500; 01-28-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Mygt500 - Thanks for the info. I have heard that Cervinis makes some of the best body parts for our cars. I love the C-Series hood on your Mustang, but since I don't plan on installing a supercharger, I thought the heat extractor hood would look cool and help reduce under-hood temps.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
Mygt500 - Thanks for the info. I have heard that Cervinis makes some of the best body parts for our cars. I love the C-Series hood on your Mustang, but since I don't plan on installing a supercharger, I thought the heat extractor hood would look cool and help reduce under-hood temps.
Glad to help but yes the heat extractor will help and the fit and finish is spot on...call Cervini for more details about that hood you linked....
Old 01-30-2010, 09:27 AM
GT/CSstyle

I do have the heat extractor hood and "mygt500" is spot on...the fit is great and the vents are definitely functional. My hood is white with black vents...the vents are standard wire mesh so you could paint them whatever you wanted if they didn't come in the color you wanted.
The hood looks great, plus it's not a hood that you will see around very often (I have not seen another one on a Mustang in my area) which is a big plus for me.
As for a picture...I don't have shots that really show off the hood but I will try to get out and take some this weekend...if my car leaves the garage--we got blasted with snow and ice.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT/CSstyle
I do have the heat extractor hood and "mygt500" is spot on...the fit is great and the vents are definitely functional. My hood is white with black vents...the vents are standard wire mesh so you could paint them whatever you wanted if they didn't come in the color you wanted.
The hood looks great, plus it's not a hood that you will see around very often (I have not seen another one on a Mustang in my area) which is a big plus for me.
As for a picture...I don't have shots that really show off the hood but I will try to get out and take some this weekend...if my car leaves the garage--we got blasted with snow and ice.
Nice looking hood in your sig. Can you post more pics from different angles and close-up shots?

More questions...
1. How does this hood compare in weight? Lighter?

2. Did you get get the hood pre-painted from Cervinis? If so, were you happy with the paint/clear coat?

Thanks,
Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
DLZ314
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT/CSstyle

That looks killer! I think we'd all love to see more pictures of it.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:03 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

subscribed. Interested in this hood too.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

I'm subscribing as well. I have another thread going relaying my issue with rust on my current hood. I floated the idea of a fiberglass hood past a local, reputable, body shop and he basically spent the whole time talking me out of it. Fit, finish, spider cracking etc. I was looking at an AIT heat extractor hood but would go with the Cervini's GT500 if you tell me that if I get it painted by them it will look good and I'll be able to install it myself.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have the Cervinis Heat Extractor Hood?