Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is it worth to trade in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:27 AM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Default is it worth to trade in?

well, i m just considering if i should trade in my 09 gt/cs auto to a 2011 gt manual... its not about the power, i can whether put a supercharger on either of them, and i m thinking the new 2011 mustang gt have more potential than the 09, one of the reason could be the new transmission. and the other thing is my car had a accident on the right front fender, and some damaged on the frame, the exterior was fixed perfectly, but the frame was hard to fixed(it is just right behind the headlight), so there is a small space between the front bumper and the headlight if u look closely,(1cm i believe).. so i just want some help cuz its hard to decide, if i want trade it in, probly i can only get 20k from dealer i believe.(if no accident on the frame i will definetly not trade it in)..
Old 01-31-2010, 02:39 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I'd wait for the new 5.0, then I'd definetly trade her in.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:49 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

bleh...I wouldn't.

You are going to lose your *** on that trade. I'm guessing you paid in the $30's for it new...and only getting $20k would be at least a $10k hit.

I personally would just install a blower...or just retrofit a 6 speed tranny. and get the car properly fixed.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I can understand wanting to trade it in if it has frame damage but unless its paid off (I bet most 09's are not) I would wait another year or so.

Why? If the car has frame damage, you are going to get hosed on the trade in. So your prob gonna be upside down in the car.

Add that to the fact that the dealers are prob not going to haggle on an '11 you can find your self seriously overpaying for a car.

If you wait a year or so (I know that can be hard) you may find yourself in a much better situation with the loan being paid down and dealers more willing to haggle with you.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:26 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Wait a year in your case and let the 11s have the problems. 12 should be more solid.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Default No.

I can't say I would be in favor of this.

You've got your ride and the assumption is your insurance made it "safe or right". Cars are a consumable and financially you need to consume all of it that you can. With an '09 you have a fantastic car with enough retro to go around. I'd personally be looking at 2014 as the next big thing. If you don't care for the new design then the 2013 will be there for the taking.

Just my $0.02

Douglasland
Old 01-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

IMO if you really want to trade get a 10 now. IM going to do this and wait a couple years for the new 5.0 and 6 speed manual to get bugs worked out of it.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:23 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
IMO if you really want to trade get a 10 now. IM going to do this and wait a couple years for the new 5.0 and 6 speed manual to get bugs worked out of it.
Thunder: Why the move from a Corvette to the Mustang?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by douglasland
Thunder: Why the move from a Corvette to the Mustang?
Not trading the vette, IM just going to buy the mustang outright, Im a mustang fan , the 95 mustang was the first car I ever drove, and the car I learned how to drive a stick, so it stora has a special place in my heart. And the vette, just because I like corvettes too and their badass. My plan is to take advanage of the rebate cash plus 0% for 36 months, that way, when the warranty runs out, I have a paid off car with good positive equity and trade it for a 5.0. Infact I was actually planning on shopping this weekend and bringing one home, but with a foot of snow on the ground (freak storm here in va beach) that isnt really possible.

Last edited by Rollin Thunder; 01-31-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:04 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
bleh...I wouldn't.

You are going to lose your *** on that trade. I'm guessing you paid in the $30's for it new...and only getting $20k would be at least a $10k hit.

I personally would just install a blower...or just retrofit a 6 speed tranny. and get the car properly fixed.
do u know how much i need to pay for swap a 5auto to 6speed?..for the blower if i decide to put a kene bell in it, i m not sure if the air filter tube will stuck between the frame and the headlight..emmm.. main concern is the frame, i just dont like it.. i know i m gonna lose alot of money on trade it in..

Last edited by raywang5; 01-31-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply: is it worth to trade in?