Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I getting old...or just crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Tylus - I wouldn't call what you're going through a case of either "feeling like you're getting old" or "going crazy".

More like coming to grips with the facts that (a) you really aren't immortal, and (b) that you really can get hurt playing with the grown-up toys.

Norm
Yup...........and nothing wrong with having some respect for the power these cars have.......FI or not you can swing that back end around quite easily.

Its kinda like surfing in Hawaii.....you learn your limits real fast or you drown! lol

patrick
Old 02-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

OP is crazy.

300hp is nothing to sneeze @. But it's not even close to truly violent acceleration.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

funny thing about fi is that some of these cars still run in the low 12s which to me for that amount of money u should be running in the 11's. I guess u still have to have the foot wear for the power and suspension but 5 grand for a supercharger is alot. Im sticking my money in 410s and rims this spring. Headers to come maybe in summer.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Your probably just having a dose of reality, mid-life crisis, or maybe just bored

After my wreck, it kinda brought me back to reality of life, but I'll prolly slip back once spring hits lol.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by joutcelt
funny thing about fi is that some of these cars still run in the low 12s which to me for that amount of money u should be running in the 11's. I guess u still have to have the foot wear for the power and suspension but 5 grand for a supercharger is alot. Im sticking my money in 410s and rims this spring. Headers to come maybe in summer.
I never understood that either. The boost guys still in the 12's is disappointing. With just gears and slicks I can do that nearly stock.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
30 is not that old.....I wished I was 30 again, I'm 50 now.
I think you are just going through some mid-life crisis. Go buy some mods for your car....it will make you feel better.
I knew there was a reason I liked you...lol!

I'm 53 and I agree w/ others you are just realizing you are a mere mortal and bad s*** can happen to ya. I have the CAI and tune, gears and I want some tires that bite. I can wind her up around here to about 100mph but I must be ever watchful for the hiding bears. Mostly though its a fast 65-70 get up to speed thing. Just have fun w/ it and like Clint Eastwood said " A mans got to know his limitations" lol

Last edited by LegendLives; 02-01-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
liberty911
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
I can already lay her sideways without really trying and roast through 1st and well into 2nd with 275 wide rubber out back.
Seriously, I wish I was 30 again and I knew what I know now. I had the same thoughts when I was first looking at the Stang, SC with 450hp at the wheels. Within a month of having the car, I had installed the SC, suspension and some other mods. I still don't go around sideways. You want to talk about scaring the hell out of you, the car will do just that.

I would bet that 99% of all cars sold are never driven to their potential as they come off the showroom. For me, however, the build and maintenance is part of the fun. Driving the car as modded is very satisfying. I'll go to the track a few times a year, but my car will rarely ever see it's potential. That's not what it's about for me. Its about driving a hot rod that I built, that is reliable and gets me around nice at the track and to the grocery store.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
I never understood that either. The boost guys still in the 12's is disappointing. With just gears and slicks I can do that nearly stock.
+1

It's either something wrong with the car, the driver is terrible or inexperienced, or the suspension isn't cutting it. And if the 60' is decent then it isn't the latter.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
cobra0478
1st Gear Member

I will be 66 in a couple weeks.
My Gt500 puts 540 to the tires,I am now considering my next power mods.
Lovin every day of it.
Don
Old 02-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobra0478
I will be 66 in a couple weeks.
My Gt500 puts 540 to the tires,I am now considering my next power mods.
Lovin every day of it.
Don
Way to go man...45 here, and is showing no signs of slowing down. That said we have our first baby (married a younger woman) on the way, may change things up a bit Now if the wife would just let the kid go fly with me, I can really show what speed is....

PS. These cars are dangerous at speeds. They get very light and the high-speed cornering makes your a-hole grip the seat covers if you don't know what you doing

Last edited by Roy_R; 02-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Am I getting old...or just crazy?