Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street scene fogs and grill, booooo!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

Default street scene fogs and grill, booooo!

havent even had the street scene center lights in grill with the street scene driving lights and one side is loose and moves up and down, like its spring loaded. what the heck. i pulled off the cover to have a peak and all 4 studs into the side are tight. im clueless and taking that grill out is a trick without breaking tabs. im out of ideas, maybe back to a black horizontal stainless grill w/o fogs? i hate to, i love the fogs but this certainly is embarassing now, every little bump in the road. oh yeah, when you place your hand on the light, you can push the top and push the bottom in, sorta like its centered in the middle. what else is there to tighten if the 4 studs are tight?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:13 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by funtimesalways
havent even had the street scene center lights in grill with the street scene driving lights and one side is loose and moves up and down, like its spring loaded. what the heck. i pulled off the cover to have a peak and all 4 studs into the side are tight. im clueless and taking that grill out is a trick without breaking tabs. im out of ideas, maybe back to a black horizontal stainless grill w/o fogs? i hate to, i love the fogs but this certainly is embarassing now, every little bump in the road. oh yeah, when you place your hand on the light, you can push the top and push the bottom in, sorta like its centered in the middle. what else is there to tighten if the 4 studs are tight?
well dude i dont have the SS i have the 3d but are you sure the fog light is in the housing snug before you tighten it up? mine were perfect, if they dont work what if you tried shorter screws?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

theres gotta be a way to fix it, maybe u can tighten it more, or possibly shove something in the light fixture so it doesnt move, like little rubber stops, but obviously something small so you cant see it. Ive never delt with the SS customer service directley, but maybe you could tell them about the problem and maybe, JUST maybe they might replace it.

but if not i personally like that black horizontal grille, not sure if im thinking of the right one your talking about but the roush trak pak grille is sick! if i saw that before i bought the stock one i woulda def got the Roush trak pak grille.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:11 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I know with the 3D Carbon grill, you have to use the screws that they provide instead of reusing the ones on the stock grill because they will tear apart the area where you screw in the foglights. Maybe thats the case here?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

it could be, i will have to rip the grill back out. i know the four studs, the screws on each side are tight, so the light itself is secured to the housing. it looks like the top has a spring in it. when its daylight i will snap a couple pics and post so people have a better idea what im talking about
Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The fogs are a two piece part, to allow for adjustments via that spring...
They snap on together, maybe in your case they un-snapped when you switched grilles.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
washamur
3rd Gear Member

The biggest problem I have w/ my SS grille is the lights look as if they are facing upwards. -- but I've lined up to the garage door, and all 4 lights are even.

Not sure about them moving around though .. mine is pretty snug.