Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Covers for our Stangs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Default Covers for our Stangs

I'm currently looking into buying a car cover for my 07 GT, as Utah weather is not very forgiving, and not having covered parking is killing me. Anyway, I've been looking around, but I'm really not sure what I should be looking for. I found 2 on AmericanMuscle, one that's 89 and the other that is 169. I'm inclined to buy the 89, but then again I want my baby protected, so is it worth going the extra 80 bucks for the higher version? Anyone else have any experience with any other brand of car cover?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

If you get one make sure it fits snugly all around the car and is secure. I have one for my old Honda and it has straps on the sides going underneath the car with bungie cords. Tons of dust gets underneath it though if the wind comes up. You don't want that on your car.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:59 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Personally, if it was mine parked outside I would opt for the better quality one.
Steeda has one that's fitted and made from a polyurethane coated fiber for about $159.00.They say it provides Protection from the Rain, Snow, UV Rays and Condensation.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

You can certainly go with the covercraft ready-fit for $89

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ver-p-642.html

The Custom CoverKing covers are really well made if you are looking for the best protection

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ers-p-379.html

Ken
Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
pentavolvo
2nd Gear Member

i have the 89 dollar one and use it for indoor storage, if i were storing outdoor i would be using something nicer
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i have both the evolution 4 and a cheaper one from ebay. i like the ebay one better.
it has straps for front and back and a soft inner layer for the paint and is water resistant.
it is also 4 layers like the evolution 4, but the evo 4 is starting to break down
and has dust all over the car when i take it off. the ebay one is lasting longer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Steve09GT/CS

I wanted a good cover for mine too. I looked around and found this place.
http://www.carcoverworld.com/

I got the custom fit "Noah" fabric and it works great. I also ordered a plastic covered cable and "small lock" along with it. The cable and lock are nice because they secure the cover to the car. We've had some really windy days that lifted the cover off the car a bit and that feature at least keeps the cover from being blown completely off the car. This fabric "breathes" and goes on pretty easy. It covers all but the bottom 3-4 inches of the tires. In fact, when the car sits for a while my rotors don't rust when it's covered, so it must do a really good job. It cost me about $220 as I recall but for the Stang.... it's well worth it.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:57 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
i have both the evolution 4 and a cheaper one from ebay. i like the ebay one better.
it has straps for front and back and a soft inner layer for the paint and is water resistant.
it is also 4 layers like the evolution 4, but the evo 4 is starting to break down
and has dust all over the car when i take it off. the ebay one is lasting longer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...Q5fAccessories
I too have an Evolution 4 car cover and I love it! Like with ANY material, over time it will start to break down. The nice thing about Cover Craft is they do have a 3 year warranty on it. If you are with in the 3 year period, contact Cover Craft Industries (405-238-9651) and they will give you a verification number and you send the cover back. They will send you a new one for FREE. My first one did start to break down leaving dust all over the car. I sent it back and now I have a brand new one.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:02 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Metroshica
I'm currently looking into buying a car cover for my 07 GT, as Utah weather is not very forgiving, and not having covered parking is killing me. Anyway, I've been looking around, but I'm really not sure what I should be looking for. I found 2 on AmericanMuscle, one that's 89 and the other that is 169. I'm inclined to buy the 89, but then again I want my baby protected, so is it worth going the extra 80 bucks for the higher version? Anyone else have any experience with any other brand of car cover?
I got mine through AutoAnything.com. They seemed to have the best prices for the same cover on a lot of websites.
Which ever one you get, keep in mind you should always wipe your car down either with a microfiber towel and detail spray or a Calif. Duster each time you go to put that cover on. You don't want to get dirt or debris into the fabric.
I've had car covers on my cars for 25 years without any problems.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

GREAT THREAD!

i've been debating on buying a car cover as well. I live in an apartment and only have one space for covered parking (I leave that open for my Lady). Lately, someone has been 'drawing' stuff with there hands on my windows. So later on in the day when it gets warmer, you could REALLY see what s/he wrote.

I'm loving the idea of having a car cover with a lock

Quick Reply: Covers for our Stangs