Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scosche 2010 Mustang install kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cmanatam
Can anyone tell if theres still a screen (or is it an empty storage space) in the black rectangle cut out in the unit where the factory lcd screen used to be?
Im sure they will retain that slim factory screen. It houses outside temp and other stuff that i dont see fitting on the lower screen they have.

One thing that I like about actual ***** is knowing the setting that the fan and heat are at. With this there is no visual indication of settings. Like a bar graph for blower speed of temp hot to cold. If you wanted one setting above the lowest I would be inclined to press the lower button a bunch of times to "bottom" the setting out and the have to press up once. I dont know if I conveyed what im thinking correctly...basically the controls seem like they could provide more info.

Also, what if i dont have heated seats? Will that option not be there? It would look odd to have the buttons and nothing to turn on. And what if I wanted to add heated factory seats? Would this faceplate assist in that addition.

Im probably over analyzing a faceplate that wont arrive for months.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:44 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

There just doesn't seem to be much information on this thing yet. I'm dying to get an aftermarket double din unit. I'll probably go with the Kenwood since it's the only unit out there that comes with the Garmin interface (that I know of).

Questions I have about the Scosche:

1. How will it integrate with Microsoft Sync?
2. If not, Will Scosche come out with an added interface that will work with Sync?
3. Can another aftermarket Sync interface be compatible with this?
4. If Sync is tied into this, will I still have the use of the Sync Bluetooth and Microphone that's in my mirror?
5. With the Scosche kit, will there be a way to tie in my steering wheel controls?

Like I said earlier, I don't want to give up Sync because if you know how to use it, it rocks.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:14 AM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
There just doesn't seem to be much information on this thing yet. I'm dying to get an aftermarket double din unit. I'll probably go with the Kenwood since it's the only unit out there that comes with the Garmin interface (that I know of).

Questions I have about the Scosche:

1. How will it integrate with Microsoft Sync?
2. If not, Will Scosche come out with an added interface that will work with Sync?
3. Can another aftermarket Sync interface be compatible with this?
4. If Sync is tied into this, will I still have the use of the Sync Bluetooth and Microphone that's in my mirror?
5. With the Scosche kit, will there be a way to tie in my steering wheel controls?

Like I said earlier, I don't want to give up Sync because if you know how to use it, it rocks.
Really the dash kit doesn't need to integrate into the SYNC system. It is the add on's that have been out for other vehicles since SYNC came out. There are some with a LCD display and there are some that use the stock LCD display if it is not connected to the stock radio...like the Mustang.
The F-150 guys have been doing this. I believe the module is around $100 and you keep all of the SYNC features but have a much better radio/nav.

IMO the only this I like about the FORD SYNC is the bluetooth which most radios have. But the add-ons make it even easier to install the aftermarket NAV radios.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

My biggest question is how this automatic, dual climate control thing works...

I mean from what I gather on ford's website, the only way to get automatic dual zone climate control, is to get the electronics package.

Dual zone climate control is more than just some buttons that control two sides, doesn't it have a mechanical aspect to adjust the amount of heat to cooling mixture to get the right temperature to blow through the correct vents?

So from what I'm understanding I dont see how dual zone climate control is possible just from this little add on.

Yea I know theres a few months till its out but i wish scosche would release details so that the people that actually are gonna buy this thing can give some input on it.

Metra's is horrible and while I've got quite a while till I'm ready for mine, it definitely is a hard decision to do OEM navigation or this when we dont know what this thing is capable of.

The mere fact that you can't change an address in the OEM's unit while the car is in motion irritates me beyond belief and I hate that ford decided I need a nanny to tell me what I can and cannot handle while driving. My Acura old Acura, nor my current Accord presume I need such a baby sitter, why ford decided it necessary I do not know. Not to mention the ability for a passenger to change directions/route info while the car is in motion. (perhaps disable the lock out feature if it senses a certain weight in the passenger seat to let they system know hey theres someone else here that can work this thing)

Its for this very reason I'd MUCH prefer an aftermarket unit... but I dont really see how this thing is supposed to work.

Last edited by starbai; 07-07-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
mystopolis

Default what the hell scosche

so i just got off the live chat with scosche about the 2010 mustang dash kit and originally a month ago they told me it would be out at the end of july, well now travis O. is telling me it wont be out until october or november!!! what the hell??! he basically responded saying the interface program is more complex than they had originally anticipated. Why bother putting it in CES last year if it wont be out until the next CES show. this is bull and pisses me off.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

I'm not surprised... I've been hearing November for quite some time now
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
mystopolis

Originally Posted by starbai
I'm not surprised... I've been hearing November for quite some time now
its annoying, i dont like how the metra is set up and i didn't want to pay for the damn expensive sync. Guess i'll just keep having to use my phone for nav for awhile longer.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:00 PM
mystopolis

Default updated release...

so after another live chat session they said it was again for the 30th time pushed back. This time the "scheduled" release isnt until january...when in january? prob december of 2014.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:30 AM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

i week away from january! -- one would think there'd be some release info at least for now.

I saw the unit at SEMA though... very nice looking setup, and programmable too.

The interface will apparently be able to be used on a lotta different ford models as well.

Few pics I had taken:

Old 12-31-2010, 03:59 PM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

I talked to the live chat guy a week ago, and he said it won't be ready until the end of January/February.

AGHHH I WANT A NEW HEAD UNIT SO BAD!!!!!

Quick Reply: Scosche 2010 Mustang install kit