Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eibach sportline help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Mine was dropped quite a bit in the rear, and over time it's settled even more. I don't have a panhard bar or camber plates. The car rides stiffer, but I don't notice the alignment affected too terribly bad.

Congrats on getting new wheels. Can't wait to see them. I know you've waited a while! Out of curiosity, what finish did you choose?
SAME ONES AS YOU MY DEAR!!!!!! hahaha

black chrome
Old 02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Just get camber bolts, ive had them for 3 months w no probs
Old 02-07-2010, 11:46 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
hey saddle how did you make out with ur rims did you get it all takin care of i hope
Despite much messaging back and forth, I didn't get any type of resolution with my defective wheels. The manufacturer won't back up their product, and the dealer won't back up the original stated 3-year warranty. I still have 4 ruined wheels. I am trying to decide on a new set so I can hopefully get them on by spring time.

Originally Posted by Allstar
SAME ONES AS YOU MY DEAR!!!!!! hahaha

black chrome
I think your car will look awesome!! I wish you much better luck with yours than I had with mine!! Please get us pictures!!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Despite much messaging back and forth, I didn't get any type of resolution with my defective wheels. The manufacturer won't back up their product, and the dealer won't back up the original stated 3-year warranty. I still have 4 ruined wheels. I am trying to decide on a new set so I can hopefully get them on by spring time.

I think your car will look awesome!! I wish you much better luck with yours than I had with mine!! Please get us pictures!!
haha i will have pics up ASAP! problem is.. my rims are on back order. should be in in about a month though =/

but they did say use ONLYYYYYYY soap and water to wash the rims im getting and NOTHING acidic.

so hopefully i dont have any issues.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

good luck saddle let us know what u go with im sure anything you pick will be nice you got great taste
Old 02-07-2010, 01:43 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
good luck saddle let us know what u go with im sure anything you pick will be nice you got great taste
Thanks Deek

I am on the hunt, trying to find something a little different.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:28 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

you can get by with just an adjustable pan-hard bar, camber bolts, & an alignment.....if money permits, go ahead and get new struts/shocks at the same time, if not, run the originals as many others on here do
Old 01-03-2011, 04:26 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

So how did it work out?

I'm looking to put sportlines on my '11 5.0

I've been told everything from, camber plates and pan hard bar with heavy duty brace for sure... but also,

conflicting reports on bumpsteer kits, adjustable upper 3rd link, shocks/struts, adjustable rear lower control arm and lower control arm relocation brackets, Front lower control arm relocation bar.

I know i'm bumping a really old thread but figure you've got some experience with them at this point and can offer some personal, hands on experience.

Also does anyone know if Tokico D specs are available for the 2011's yet?
Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

you need atleast camber bolts and an alignment after
Old 01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by starbai
I've been told everything from, camber plates and pan hard bar with heavy duty brace for sure... but also,
Panhard bar is really a "maybe". For the time being you can see where it ends up. You'd probably discover that most talk of large lateral shift from just lowering and not removing the OE PHB has to do with measurements made while the car is jacked up and no weight on the tires vs full load on the tires. Apples vs oranges. Another possibility is that the OE PHB bolts were not loosened and re-torqued once the car had settled down to its new ride height (and torqued with full weight on the tires.

For your driving, you have no functional need whatsoever for a replacement PHB brace. The one that's in there is way more than strong enough in the direction that you need it to be strong in. The other directions, like bending it by pushing up on it in the middle, do not matter.

All that other stuff is ultimately optional, and whether you have any use for it depends on how hard you use the car and in what manner. I know a little bit about your expectations and you know where people like Sam or me stand on not giving away function for appearance sake only, so I'll just leave it at that. If you decide later on that you'd like to improve some performance aspect, there's no reason you couldn't do any of those things later as separate mods.

Norm