Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arggh! The wait is killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Default Arggh! The wait is killing me!

I ordered my 5.0 on 11/24 and was given an estimated delivery time of 8-12 weeks. I called in today to see how the progress was going and I still haven't been given a build date yet! Now I don't mind the wait since January-late March in NYC = no good and we recently got hit with 21+ inches of snow, but little by little I have been getting antsy as hell. I want it in my possession already! Does anyone know where they are being built and have a number so I can contact them to see if they have started, or should I just go through my dealership and just wait patiently? How long did it take for you guys to receive your 5.0s? One last question, now that the 2011's are essentially out of the loop, will I be getting a 2012 5.0 since I haven't gotten a build date yet?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Congrats on the ride bro. It's coming but I know the wait must be killing you....
Old 01-01-2011, 08:12 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

That is a damn god question. And considering that the 2012 is exactly the same as the '11, I guess yours will wear the '12 year on it.

The only single thing that I can think of that the '12 has that the '11 doesn't is adjustable EPAS. But that is only a rumor I read. I have not seen any proof that is actually true.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:28 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

We were all in the same boat. All I can say is... it will be well worth the wait. Those bad feelings will go away after your first "oh ****..this is fast" WOT experience...and after you stare at it in your driveway when you first bring it home
Old 01-01-2011, 08:42 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

the only changes I heard from Ford are lighted vanity lights, integrated storage area in passenger compartment, EPAS settings, recaro seat option GT500, remote garage door opener, and some interior panel changes. They added new colors too.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

yeah and i am totally getting that damned door opening visor, i understand that is where they are putting it. i hate the opener stuck to my visor. the wife's edge has it integrated. i hope you can retrofit that to other cars. seems its only a matter of running a wire and changing the visor.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
yeah and i am totally getting that damned door opening visor, i understand that is where they are putting it. i hate the opener stuck to my visor. the wife's edge has it integrated. i hope you can retrofit that to other cars. seems its only a matter of running a wire and changing the visor.
Ditto. I hate out of place looking stuff, so I just keep the garage remote in the front cup holder slot. I am totally swapping in the new visor.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

It sucks waiting, just be patient.

When I went to pick my car up, 3 months later, they took it back to detail it, then drove it back to the front lot. But on the way to the front lot, they totaled it. Oh well . . .
Old 01-01-2011, 09:20 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
It sucks waiting, just be patient.

When I went to pick my car up, 3 months later, they took it back to detail it, then drove it back to the front lot. But on the way to the front lot, they totaled it. Oh well . . .
seriously?? i caught the asshat at the walmart bringing my car from the oil change to the parking place in full boost one time, i was so pissed. in the packing lot in someone else's car with it floored, and he was proud that the car was fast. some people.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
seriously?? i caught the asshat at the walmart bringing my car from the oil change to the parking place in full boost one time, i was so pissed. in the packing lot in someone else's car with it floored, and he was proud that the car was fast. some people.
Holy ****, what did you do about that???

Quick Reply: Arggh! The wait is killing me!