Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door speaker install - complete

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 05:32 AM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Default Door speaker install - complete

I installed some Boston Acoutsic 5"x7"s in the door yesterday, and i'm glad I did. The difference is sound reproduction is amazing! The mids and highs are much better. I didn't attempt the rear deck speakers because I need a 1/4" drive #10 torx bit; gotta have it to do the job.

I didn't bother taking pics because the pics in this thread are great. http://www.jauws.com/jauws/index.php...msg2;topicseen. You will need a #10 torx bit (the one I had was 3/8" drive), #30 torx drive, and a 7mm socket or drive. There are 2 #30 torx screws, one at the door handle and the other at the arm rest. There are 7 each 7mm hex head screw holding the panel on. The one the pictures in the linked thread doesn't mention is behind the arm rest. I had the entire job done in less than 2 hours, but this easily could be done in less than an hour if you have all the tools at your side. I had to ask the attendant at the base auto skills shop for help, which took a little time.

Last edited by USAF in Germany; 02-07-2010 at 05:34 AM. Reason: I can't type
Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 AM
xspsi
1st Gear Member

Good job man! I'll be ordering a set as well.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:07 AM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the pictures/process of the panel removal. I'll be removing mine soon to play with things!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:31 AM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

What model speakers do you have?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

I assume these: http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_0...C85.html?tp=93.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:04 PM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTSTANG
What model speakers do you have?
Actually, I bought the S85, and after seeing they are on sale, I'm a bit miffed. I payed $119 a pair; no wonder the salesman gave a strong recommendation for these

They do sound good though. They don't have the capability of ear piercing highs like some others I've owned (Polks and Alpines), but they are certainly "crisp". I can't wait for them to break in.

I'm calling Crutchfield tomorrow to see if they will give me discount. probably fruitless, but I will do it anyway.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065S85/...tab=review#tab

Last edited by USAF in Germany; 02-07-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added link
Old 02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

had a loose wire on my alpines they put in my doors, so asked what would cost to do back, sorry did not experience how to do back like you, they put in for speaker cost, can't pass that up when get off work at 5 and they finished by 7, also had a new stang from dealer in there with a standard shaker 500 not a nav center just plain shaker head, they put a eclipse radio in that when playing had some cool graphics, push of button popped out A 6 inch screen with a dvd player and rewired the backup camera so showed on that big screen and mirror, you would swear factory, man I'm gettin that next.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the link to the photos, I wanted to replace my door speakers but don't know how to take off the door panels.

I did alot of research and in my opinion the Pinoneer TS-D820P are the way to go for my Mustang. The have really good low end response, built-in cross-over, magnetic fluid tweeters, great reviews and I got then for $93/pair. Can't wait to install them when they come in.

(The OEM speakers we all know sound bad compared to after market speakers but my passenger side door speaker sounds even worst. I think I damaged it one day when I was washing/waxing the car and I had the radio really cranked with the windows closed and must have damaged one speaker, probably really clipped the amp alot).
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Joe, it's actually TS-D802P. I installed these in my fronts. You will love them.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Yes, you are right, they are TS-D802P. Sorry. Did you install yourself? Any problems taking the door panels off? If I can get these installed and sounding great I plan to replace the rear deck speakers with these too. Lots of snow here but while the car is in the garage I can try to get at least the passenager side installed.

Joe

Quick Reply: Door speaker install - complete