Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First mod, nervous, need encouragement...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:55 PM
cgm10gt

Default First mod, nervous, need encouragement...

Tomorrow, im going to have the first thing done to my car, besides window tinting.

I'm going to an auto customization place and having them put on flat black racing stripes onto my sterling grey metallic '10 GT. I'm a bit nervous. Questions running through my mind are: "What if they dont get it right", "Will the black look good on my grey?", "What will it do to my paint warranty?", "What will it do to my paint in general?", "If I decide I want to remove them, will they come off without stripping/peeling my clearcoat and paint underneath?", "what happens if i get rock chips in the stripe? Will I be able to remove the stripes if I wanted?", "Will it really look good or will it make the car look...odd?"

Just a few nervous jitters before having someone put something over the top of my paint.

By the way, the cost of this is going to be $550 installed. Is that a good price or a bit too much/low?

Someone rest my mind for me please
Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Stop worrying lol. Everything will be fine. I am not a fan of stripes but if you like them then be happy about it, if your unsure you shouldnt have scheduled them.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:45 PM
CB617
1st Gear Member

They are professionals I am sure they will do a fine job. I think the black will look great on grey. I am pretty sure they could be removed. I have had graphics removed from my work vans in the past. Factory clear coat is very durable. Post some pics when done.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

i took stripes off my 06 after a year of wearing them. too many people were pointing out flaws in the dealerships stripe job. you picked the right route to get it done and i agree, nice color combo
Old 02-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

sripe delete guy here
Old 02-20-2010, 02:31 AM
tidepride
1st Gear Member

the stripes will look sick with your color and you have no worries if you get it done by a pro
Old 02-20-2010, 03:55 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

I have found that in situations like these when you keep arguing with yourself about the correct course of action, the best action is to simply... flip a coin.

Not because you should leave the choice up to chance, or fate, or divine intervention or anything like that. Why? Because in that small, fleeting instant that the coin is flipping through the air, you will know which side you hope lands up.

How the coin actually lands is irrelevant. Go forth and prosper. Trust your subconscious; it usually knows better than you.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:02 AM
dstang10
2nd Gear Member

Well said!

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
I have found that in situations like these when you keep arguing with yourself about the correct course of action, the best action is to simply... flip a coin.

Not because you should leave the choice up to chance, or fate, or divine intervention or anything like that. Why? Because in that small, fleeting instant that the coin is flipping through the air, you will know which side you hope lands up.

How the coin actually lands is irrelevant. Go forth and prosper. Trust your subconscious; it usually knows better than you.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:33 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by hawkeye18

Wow, that was really deep and spot on!!!

Thanks for serving our country!!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:57 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Wow, that was really deep and spot on!!!

Thanks for serving our country!!
Thanks! It's my pleasure, really. Though it does seem that I am one of but many that serve on this forum. Heck, I have a sneaking suspicion that DiscoDave and I might even work on the same base (when I'm not in iraq, of course)! There are, after all, only so many Navy bases in Maryland...

Quick Reply: First mod, nervous, need encouragement...