Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed a diablosport trinity!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

Default Just installed a diablosport trinity!

The diablosport trinity (aka screwdriver for people used to tuning carbs) is a pretty cool tool, even if I admit to feeling a big like a tool for having it on my window! I have a pod ordered i'm mounting under the light switch below the steering wheel or under the glove box. I'm pretty impressed with the canned 93 tune. I only have a short throw shifter and according to the included "racing" program i ran a 1/8th in 8.48 @ 87 (not safe to try te 1/4 without a track). I'm not an experienced drag racer yet and it being winter with wet road, I feel this is pretty good!

The two instal notes I have are
1. Buy the right angle cable...it clears my leg alright, but i am worried on a long trip my leg will end up bumping it.
2. I had trouble getting windows 7 to accept the usb driver that came on the disk. I downloaded a new beta driver from diablosport website and this worked right away.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:04 AM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

I just bought (its being shipped) a Diablo Predator. I plan on using the 93 tune, as you did. Does the throttle response feel that much better?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

I'm new the computer performance, but the seat-o-pants meter def registered an improvement greater than I expected! I only have a few miles (and fewer launches) under my belt at this time. But if the custom tunes are SOOO much better than the canned ones like everyone says, I can't wait to get one!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Very glad to hear you are enjoying the Trinity!

Let me know if you need anything at all.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
firetruck
1st Gear Member

Default tunes

what's a canned tune, apposed to custom. what would a sctx3 with tune for my stock 2010 Gt500 be? lethal says 45hp for mine.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:02 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

I have the sct with brenspeed tune and the 93 tune and the shift points are much more stiff. It really woke my car and u can tell a huge difference.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

a canned tune is one that comes with a tuner from whatever company made it. A custom tune is one done either by telling a tune writter what equiptment you have for a custom written one, or better yet, one you get written while at a dyno. It will push your car to a higher potential
Old 02-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

Well I'll admit my noob mistakes so you won't repeat them! I didn't realize that the axle ratio was part of every tune (in my mind it was a different part of the computer that you would change. Needless to say the trinity assumes you have the 3.31. Since I don't watch my speedo all that much it took awhile for me to realize something was up. Its an easy fix but my increadible 8.48 on wet pavement is just a dream. None of this changes my happiness with the product! I just wanted to clear that up.